Napa Wrongful Death Attorneys
Napa Wrongful Death Attorneys
The untimely death of a loved one is devastating for their family and friends. Knowing that others are at fault and that the person’s death might have been prevented makes it even worse. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the trusted legal guidance and support needed in this situation. You can count on us to hold those at fault accountable in a claim. As experienced Napa wrongful death attorneys, we know that no amount of money can ease your suffering. However, filing a wrongful death claim can provide a sense of justice while ensuring you are provided for in years to come. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation today.
Get Aggressive Legal Representation From Our Napa Wrongful Death Attorneys
According to statistics from the Napa County Coroner, accidental injuries claim the lives of close to 60 people each year in our immediate area. Referred to as wrongful death, the reckless and negligent actions of others are generally to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, who provide the aggressive legal representation grieving friends and family members need. With decades of combined experience helping people throughout our community recover, you can count on our Napa wrongful death attorneys to defend your rights in filing a claim. Common causes of wrongful death in cases we represent include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Accidents involving public transportation;
- Premises liability cases, which often involve slips and falls or getting struck by or against objects on another’s property;
- Product liability cases, where a wrongful death occurs due to manufacturing errors and design defects.
How Does A Wrongful Death Occur?
Under the California Civil Code, a wrongful death occurs due to wrongful acts and negligence on the part of others. Among the most common causes in cases handled by our Napa wrongful death attorneys include:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, disregarding traffic signs or signals, distracted driving, and driving under the influence.
- Recklessness on the part of property owners, such as failing to provide proper upkeep or make needed repairs to the property and failing to warn visitors against dangers that exist.
- Negligence on the part of event and facility managers, for failing to take the proper safety precautions and for ignoring safety regulations.
- Negligence on the part of product manufacturers, for distributing dangerous or defective products, not providing proper instructions, and for failing to take precautions to prevent injuries from happening.
When the actions of others lead to the wrongful death of your loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers take the swift legal actions needed to hold them accountable in a claim.
How Do I File A Wrongful Death Claim?
If you are grieving the wrongful death of a loved one, it is important to know you are not alone. Nationwide, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that accidental injuries are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., claiming the lives of nearly 200,000 people each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Napa wrongful death attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on the side of surviving family members. While insurance policies in place may cover some of your costs, we can help you get additional types of compensation and a sense of justice for the victim by filing a wrongful death lawsuit through the Napa County Civil Court. Those who may be entitled to file this type of claim include:
- Spouses and domestic partners of the victim;
- Their children or grandchildren;
- Parents, grandparents, and other immediate family members;
- The personal representative for the victim;
- Others who may be entitled to inherit from their estate.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Wrongful Death Attorney?
As experienced Napa wrongful death attorneys, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers works on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Coverage of legal costs is generally included as part of your settlement. Other types of compensation that may be awarded in these cases includes:
- Coverage of any outstanding medical expenses and funeral costs;
- Reimbursement for current lost wages, as well as for future income and benefits your loved one would have otherwise earned;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount meant to punish those at-fault.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
No amount of money can bring back your loved one. Our goal at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is to get a sense of justice for victims while ensuring their survivors are provided for in a way they would have wanted. To find out how we can help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa wrongful death attorneys online to request a free consultation today.