Napa Bus Accident Attorneys
Napa Bus Accident Attorneys
While people who rely on buses typically consider it a safe form of transportation, the fact is bus accidents in Napa happen on a regular basis. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps victims get the compensation they are entitled to. Our Napa bus accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience representing clients in these types of cases. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars.To find out how we can help you get the compensation you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get The Trusted Legal Guidance You Need From Our Napa Bus Accident Attorneys
Napa offers plenty of options in terms of bus service. The Vine provides public bus transportation throughout Napa Valley. Private providers offer tours of the region or you can catch a Greyhound bus to take you to destinations across the country. While this type of travel may be convenient, it is important to be aware of the potential risks. Bus accidents in Napa can occur for a variety of reasons. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance victims need in filing a claim. Our Napa bus accident attorney represent clients in the following types of cases:
- Bus accidents involving crashes with other buses or motor vehicles;
- Single vehicle bus accidents, such as collisions with fixed objects and rollover accidents;
- Onboard accidents that happen during your trip, such as slips and falls or getting struck by objects;
- Accidents involving pedestrians or bicyclists at or near bus stops and stations.
How Do Bus Accidents Happen?
According to the California Metropolitan Transportation Commision, Napa County has one of the highest rates for traffic accidents in the state. This includes bus accidents. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients injured in these crashes, conducting thorough investigations to determine how a bus accident occurred and who is responsible. Common causes in cases our Napa bus accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless driving behaviors on the part of the bus driver, such as distracted driving, speeding and committing other traffic infractions, and driving under the influence.
- Lack of proper training or experience, which increases the likelihood that a bus accident will happen.
- Negligence in properly maintaining the bus, which increases the risk of accidents and injuries;
- Negligence on the part of the bus company, such as not properly vetting drivers and not punishing them for infractions. General over scheduling is also a common factor and makes truck accidents more likely to occur.
How Do I Get Compensation For Bus Accident Injuries?
Even a seemingly minor bus accident can result in serious personal injuries. While the bus driver and the company they work for may be reluctant to admit fault, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can gather the evidence needed while guiding you in the options for filing a claim. These include: File an insurance claim against the driver and the company they work for. An insurance claim can help to offset costs you incur due to bus accidents in Napa, but dealing with insurance companies can present challenges. An insurer’s primary goal is to protect their bottom line, which means many claims end up being denied or downplayed. Our Napa bus accident attorneys have the experience needed to aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. File a lawsuit against the driver and the bus company In cases where your injuries are severe or an agreeable settlement cannot be reached, our Napa bus accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those at fault. This is often the best course of action, as it can entitle you to additional types of compensation not available through an insurance settlement. How Much is My Napa Bus Accident Case Worth? The exact amount you are entitled to in a bus accident claim will depend on the circumstances involved and the severity of your injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to making sure you get the maximum amount you deserve. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order the bus company to pay, to punish them for particularly negligent actions.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help bus accident victims. We generally handle these cases on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Napa bus accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.