Burbank Brain Injury Attorneys
Burbank Brain Injury Attorneys
The brain is one of the most important and complex organs in the human body. In addition to being responsible for all major bodily functions, it stores memories, allows you to communicate with others and process information you receive, and controls your memories, emotions, and creativity. Even a seemingly minor bump, blow, or jolt to the head can result in serious brain injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims and their families in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. As experienced Burbank brain injury attorneys, we provide the caring, comprehensive legal representation you need to hold at-fault parties accountable. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in brain injury cases. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation to find out how we can help you today.
Cases Our Burbank Brain Injury Attorneys Represent
Traumatic brain injuries, or TBI, are a leading cause of disability and death in the U.S. According to statistics from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), TBI impacts an average of nearly 10,000 people in Burbank and the surrounding Los Angeles County area each year. Accidents that occur due to the reckless actions of others are among the most common causes. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help brain injury victims get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Common types of cases our Burbank brain injury attorneys represent include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, caused by dangerous driving behaviors such as speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents, in which the reckless actions of motorists are to blame;
- Bus and train accidents, which can occur during transit or while getting on or off the bus or train;
- Uber/Lyft accidents, for which both the driver and the company they work for may be responsible;
- Falls, getting struck by objects, and other accidents, which occur due to the negligence of property owners;
- Sports and recreational accidents, due to the negligence of coaches or staff members;
- Construction site accidents, which can happen when the proper safety precautions are not taken.
What Happens When A Person Has A Brain Injury?
Whenever a bump, blow, or jolt to the head occurs, it can disrupt the brain’s neural pathways. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that this can cause both short and long term disabilities. Any time a head or brain injury is suspected, seek medical care immediately, regardless of your symptoms. Impacts you could end up suffering include:
- Cognitive impairments: Brain injuries can affect your memory, judgment, comprehension, and reasoning skills;
- Language impairments: These could limit your ability to express yourself or to understand what is being said;
- Sensory impairments: A brain injury can impact your vision and hearing, as well as your balance and coordination;
- Emotional impairments: Victims of brain injuries may suffer from depression, anxiety, and sleep disorders or experience fits of rage and other personality changes.
Depending on the severity of your brain injury, it may also put you at increased risk for epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, and other brain disorders. To ensure you get the care you need, both now and in the years to come, get our experienced Burbank brain injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Claim For Brain Injuries?
When a brain injury occurs as a result of another’s reckless actions, you may be entitled to compensation in a claim. Our legal team will thoroughly review your case and advise you on the best course of action in your situation. Depending on the circumstances, you have two basic options:
- File a claim against the at-fault party’s insurer.
When brain injuries occur on another’s property or due to any type of accident, you may be able to seek compensation through insurance policies that are in place. Before pursuing this course of action or accepting any settlements, speak with our Burbank brain injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first. You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover and insurers are notorious for undervaluing claims.
- File a personal injury lawsuit.
Filing a lawsuit is often the best course of action in brain injury cases, as it entitles to you additional types of compensation. This includes coverage of both current and future medical expenses and lost wages, as well as additional amounts for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your brain injuries cause you and your family members.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Speak With Our Burbank Brain Injury Attorneys
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping you get the maximum amount you need to recover from brain injuries. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Burbank brain injury attorney online today.