Burbank Bus Accident Attorneys
Burbank Bus Accident Attorneys
In Burbank, taking the bus can be an inexpensive and convenient way to get across town or to other points throughout Los Angeles County. It can spare you the hassle of having to navigate busy local roads and freeways yourself, but it still carries the same risks as any other type of motor vehicle travel. Crashes, collisions, and on board mishaps occur with alarming regularity. When injuries happen as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is here to help. As experienced Burbank bus accident attorneys, you can trust us to provide the aggressive legal representation needed to hold bus drivers and the companies they work for accountable in a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars on behalf of clients in similar types of cases. Get the compensation you deserve and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Burbank Bus Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve
The Burbank Bus system provides local service throughout the area while Metrolink takes passengers to other points throughout the city. While many residents rely on these to run errands or to get to and from work, few are aware of the risks they may be taking. Major bus crashes make headlines as often as once a month in Los Angeles county. In addition to these, countless smaller yet still serious accident-related mishaps occur on a regular basis. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Cases our Burbank bus accident attorneys represent include the following:
- Bus accidents involving crashes and collisions with other motorists or stationary objects;
- Rollover bus accidents, which are often a result of speeding, making too tight of turns, and going too fast around curves;
- On board accidents, such as when sudden stops or starts cause passengers to be jolted from their seats;
- Mishaps when getting on or off the bus, which can result in serious slip and fall injuries;
- Bus accidents that happen at bus stops and stations;
- Bus crashes involving bicyclists and pedestrians.
Who Is Responsible When A Bus Accident Happens?
According to figures from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), close to 70,000 major bus accidents are reported throughout the country each year. California, in general, has one of the highest rates in the nation in terms of these crashes. For residents of Burbank, even a seemingly minor accident or on board incident can result in serious, potentially disabling, and even life-threatening injuries. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need when these injuries occur. Our Burbank bus accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the underlying factors responsible and who can be held accountable in a claim. Common causes of bus accidents in cases we represent include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, running red lights, being distracted or overly tired, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of proper training, which makes bus accidents more likely to happen;
- Improper bus maintenance, which can cause breakdowns and malfunctions that contribute to crashes;
- Company policies, such as not vetting drivers and requiring overly demanding schedules, putting passengers and others on the road at risk.
How Much Am I Entitled To For Bus Accident Injuries?
When a bus accident happens, it is important to report it immediately and to seek medical attention for your injuries, regardless of how minor they may appear. Before making any statements about the accident or your injuries to the bus company or their insurers, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first. Our Burbank bus accident attorneys can review all the circumstances surrounding your case while dealing with bus company and insurance representatives on your behalf. Our legal team has the experience and skills needed to negotiate the best possible settlement in your case, ensuring any costs you incur are covered. In cases where damages are severe or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can file a lawsuit against the driver, the company they work for, and any others involved on your behalf. The compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Coverage of both current and future medical expenses;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future lost income you are likely to suffer due to ongoing disabilities;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for the pain and suffering caused by your accident and injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount in cases where the bus driver or the bus company acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Request A Free Consultation and Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Bus drivers and the companies they work for have teams of attorneys representing them in claims. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Burbank bus accident attorneys online today.