Burbank Dog Bite Attorneys
Burbank Dog Bite Attorneys
Dog owners often treat their furry four-legged friends more like family members than pets. This can cause them to turn a blind eye to behaviors that put others at risk. Dog bites and attacks are common in Burbank and can leave victims suffering from serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold reckless dog owners accountable for the harm their pet causes. Our experienced Burbank dog bite attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation you need to get compensation for the injuries you suffer. Dog bites can have major impacts on your health and well-being for years to come. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation to discuss how we can help you in filing a claim.
Cases Our Burbank Dog Bite Attorneys Represent
Under the Burbank Municipal Code, there are strict laws for owning a dog in our area. In addition to licensing and vaccination requirements, dog owners have an obligation to carefully monitor and control their pets so that they do not cause harm to others. Unfortunately, when dog owners ignore these rules or otherwise fail to care for their pets properly, innocent people can end up getting hurt. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims of dog bites and attacks get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of cases our Burbank dog bite attorneys represent include:
- Dog bites that happen when an owner allows their dog to run loose in public places;
- Attacks that happen at home, in your neighborhood, or in apartment complexes;
- Situations where you are bitten while visiting another person’s home;
- Injuries suffered as a result of dog owners failing to post warnings that a dangerous animal was on the premises.
How Serious Are Dog Bite Injuries?
While dogs have a well-earned reputation for being loyal, trusted companions, even the friendliest dog can turn threatening under certain situations. According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (DPH), as many as 20,000 people are bitten by dogs in Burbank and throughout Los Angeles County each year. While dog bites can cause injuries for people of all ages, children are among the most common victims. When dogs are hungry, scared, angry, hurt, or in unfamiliar surroundings, they are more likely to lash out. When they do, injuries can be severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Burbank dog bite attorneys work with clients who have suffered the following:
- Deep puncture wounds due to dog bites;
- Severe cuts and lacerations caused by the dog’s claws;
- Muscle strains and broken bones due to fighting off the dog during an attack;
- Bite injuries that result in the loss of body parts or do damage to facial features, causing permanent hearing or vision impairments;
- Emotional trauma, which can cause depression, sleeplessness, and anxiety disorders for years after an attack.
Contrary to the popular myth, dog saliva carries a variety of dangerous bacteria. People who suffer dog bites run the risk of contracting rabies and other potentially life-threatening infections.
Can I Sue The Dog’s Owner For Dog Bite Injuries I Suffer?
When a dog bites or attacks, the owner can be held financially responsible for the victim's injuries. Some states have what is known as a ‘two-bite rule’. This means that the law excuses the dog owner for a first attack if the animal showed no prior signs of aggression. Fortunately for victims of dog bites in Burbank, this type of rule does not apply in our area. Under Section 3342 of the California Civil Code, a dog owner is liable anytime a dog acts out aggressively, regardless of how docile or friendly the animal was previously. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team holds negligent dog owners accountable for allowing dogs to run off-leash, for failing to properly secure the dog, and for failing to warn visitors of the potential dangers. Compensation you may be entitled to in a personal injury lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future treatments you require for dog bite injuries;
- Reimbursement for lost wages in the aftermath of an attack and compensation for potential future losses in income and benefits in the event your dog bite injuries result in permanent disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and trauma you experienced from an attack and for any lasting scarring or disfigurement that occurs;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the court awards in cases where a dog owner’s actions were particularly willful or negligent.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
Injuries caused by dog bites and attacks can impact your health and well-being for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC., we help you get the maximum amount you need to recover in a dog bite claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Burbank dog bite attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.