Burbank Slip and Fall Attorneys
Burbank Slip and Fall Attorneys
Injuries you suffer due to slip and fall accidents have the potential to be severe. Even if you experience no immediate symptoms, ongoing disabilities that occur as a result can impact you for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., our goal is to get you the maximum amount of compensation you need to recover. Slip and fall accidents generally occur due to the reckless actions of property owners. As experienced Burbank slip and fall attorneys, we help you hold those at fault accountable in a claim. Our top case results show settlements worth millions of dollars in slip and fall accident cases we represent. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Burbank Slip and Fall Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
People often shrug off slips and fall as minor accidents and may downplay their injuries to avoid drawing additional attention to themselves. Unfortunately, this can have potentially devastating consequences. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), personal injuries suffered in slip and fall accidents are a leading cause of disability and result in as many as 35,000 deaths each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Common types of injuries suffered by clients our Burbank slip and fall attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle and tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Serious cuts and lacerations;
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
All of these injuries can cause serious complications and require immediate medical care. Not following your doctor’s instructions regarding treatment for slip and fall injuries or activity restrictions increases the odds of permanent disabilities.
Who Is To Blame For Slip and Fall Accidents?
People often blame themselves for slip and fall accidents. The reality is that in the majority of situations it is the reckless and negligent actions of others which are ultimately to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold those at fault accountable in a claim. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), leading causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Wet, slick floors due to spills or condensation;
- Uneven or broken tiles, torn carpeting, and other problems with flooring materials;
- Cluttered aisles and walkways, which make tripping more likely;
- Poor lighting conditions in outside areas and a lack of proper landscaping;
- Lack of guardrails on stairs and at heights
When you suffer serious injuries as a result of any of the above or other dangerous conditions, our Burbank slip and fall attorneys can guide you in filing a claim against property owners, managers, or others involved.
How Do I File A Slip and Fall Claim?
When a slip and fall accident happens, it is important to report it immediately to the police or on-site security and the property owner so that an accident report can be filed. It is also important to seek medical attention as soon as possible, regardless of whether you are experiencing symptoms. Failure to do so could impact your health as well as your rights in filing a claim. Our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers act as a strong legal ally on your side, helping to ensure you get what you are entitled to for your slip and fall injuries. The first step is generally filing a claim with the property owner’s insurer. As experienced Burbank slip and fall attorneys, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting the maximum amount in your settlement. If insurance is not available or a reasonable amount cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a premises liability lawsuit against those at fault.
How Much Am I Entitled To For Slip and Fall Injuries?
Property owners have a duty of care in maintaining the safety of guests while on the premises. If they fail to fix potentially dangerous conditions or warn visitors that they exist, they can be held liable for any damages you suffer as a result. Under the California Civil Code, compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Economic damages, which cover the costs of any current or future medical costs and lost wages you suffer;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount awarded in cases where the property owner or manager acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover from slip and fall injuries. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Burbank slip and fall attorneys online and request a free consultation today.