Burbank Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Burbank Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrians are among the most vulnerable road users, When collisions involving them and other motorists on the road happen, the injuries they suffer as a result are often severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., our goal is to help you through the recovery process, ensuring you get the maximum amount you deserve in a claim.
With decades of practical experience as Burbank pedestrian accident attorneys, our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you get the compensation you are entitled to for pedestrian accident injuries. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Burbank Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights When Filing A Claim
Burbank’s walkability is one of the major benefits it offers to residents. Walking is a fun way to keep physically fit and as an alternative to having to drive to work or when running errands, it can save you time, money and aggravation. However, it is important to be aware of the risks.
According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), Los Angeles County has one of the highest pedestrian accident rates in the state. Burbank’s close proximity to other busy areas of the city and the amount of traffic moving through on a regular basis creates dangers for residents and particularly, for pedestrians. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of victims when pedestrian accidents and injuries occur. Common types of cases our Burbank pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Pedestrian accidents involving cars, SUVs, pick-up trucks, and motorcycles;
- Collisions involving big rig trucks and other types of commercial vehicles;
- Bus and train accidents impacting pedestrians;
- Pedestrian accidents involving Uber or Lyft drivers;
- Crashes involving bicyclists, e-scooter, mopeds, and other road users.
What Are The Main Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
Pedestrians are subject to rules and regulations the same as any other road user. This includes provisions against walking on roads rather than sidewalks, jaywalking, and other dangerous behaviors. However, the fact is that when pedestrian accidents and injuries do occur, it is generally the reckless actions of motorists which are ultimately to blame. The California Department of Health (CDPH) reports that the following are among the most common causes:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Not stopping for red lights or stop signs and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Failure to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks;
- Being distracted, such as using cell phones, texting, or changing GPS settings;
- Impaired driving, which includes being under the influence of alcohol, illegal ‘street’ drugs, marijuana, or prescription and over the counter medications.
When you suffer injuries as a result of the above or other reckless actions on the part of drivers, our Burbank pedestrian accident attorneys help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Can A Pedestrian Sue The Driver Involved?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., our legal team has decades worth of combined experience representing clients in pedestrian accident claims. Once you have reported the accident to law enforcement and sought medical attention for your injuries, the next step generally involves working with the driver’s insurance company to reach a settlement
These companies are for-profit businesses. It is not uncommon for them to either deny your claim or downplay the amount you are entitled to. Our Burbank pedestrian accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with these companies on your behalf, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve. In the event insurance is not in place or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against the driver. Compensation available includes:
- Economic damages, which cover medical costs, lost wages, and any other current or future expenses you incur;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for your pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to lingering disabilities;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If A Pedestrian Accident Was A Hit and Run?
For a variety of reasons, drivers in pedestrian accidents may attempt to flee the scene. In cases involving hit and runs, our Burbank pedestrian accident attorneys are a strong legal advocate on your side. By working with local law enforcement and conducting our own investigations, we help locate hit and run drivers so that they can be held accountable for their actions.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request a Free Consultation Today
When pedestrian accidents happen, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on getting you the maximum amount in your claim. To discuss your case and how we can help, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Burbank pedestrian accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.