Burbank Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Burbank Truck Accident Attorneys
Operating a truck takes considerable skill, particularly when traveling through urban areas. Burbank’s close proximity to several major freeways means that motorists frequently find themselves sharing the road with tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, and other types of big rigs. Truck accidents happen on a regular basis and it is often these motorists who suffer the most serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover in a claim.
As experienced Burbank truck accident attorneys, we provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need to defend your rights when dealing with trucking companies and their insurers. To discuss your case and how we can help, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Burbank Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
Anyone who has even driven freeways in Burbank or the surrounding areas likely has a harrowing story or two regarding their experience in dealing with truckers. The potential for truck accidents is a serious matter as California has one of the highest rates in the nation. According to crash statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly 400 people in our state lose their lives each year in truck accidents while thousands of others suffer serious injuries.
When you or someone you love is injured in a truck accident, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Cases our Burbank truck accident attorneys represent include:
- Rear-end truck accidents, which can happen when truckers engage in speeding, tailgating, or other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Sideswipe or side-impact accidents, which can happen in intersections or when truck drivers are going around curves;
- Jackknife accidents, which is when the trailer of the truck rides up towards the cab at a 90-degree angle, often as a result of slamming on the brakes;
- Rollover accidents, which often happen due to swerving and carrying unevenly sized loads;
- Underride accidents, which can happen when trucks suddenly brake or stop in traffic;
- Head-on collisions, one of the most dangerous types of truck accidents, which often occur at highway exit or entrance ramps.
Who Is To Blame When Truck Accidents Happen?
Tractor-trailers, 18 wheelers, and other types of big rigs can easily weight up to 80,000 pounds. Their massive weight and bulk mean that when truck accidents happen, other motorists involved tend to suffer the most serious injuries. While you focus on your recovery, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will be working to hold those at fault accountable.
Our Burbank truck accident attorneys conduct throughout investigations into your case, determining who was at fault and gathering the evidence needed in support of your claim. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) states that among the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Reckless driving on the part of the trucker: Going too fast for conditions, being distracted, and driving under the influence put truckers and others on the road at risk.
- Lack of proper training and experience: When truckers lack the proper training, certification, or experience on the road, truck accidents are more likely to occur.
- Poor truck maintenance: Mechanical issues, such as engine or brake failures and tire blowouts, increase the likelihood of truck accidents.
- Negligent company policies: Over-scheduling, failing to provide adequate breaks, and not properly vetting drivers are often contributing factors in truck accidents.
How Do I File A Claim For Truck Accident Injuries?
When any type of truck accident happens, your first step should be to reach out to Harris Personal Injury Attorneys. Trucking companies have teams of attorneys working on their side. Get our legal team on yours.
We can negotiate with insurers for the driver and the trucking company, protecting your interests and making sure you get the maximum amount in any settlements offered. In the event an appropriate settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to take your case to court. Under the California Civil Code, compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Economic damages, which cover tangible costs such as your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future costs you incur as a result of ongoing disabilities;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as the pain and suffering you experienced as a result of your truck accident or injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the court may award if the trucking company or the driver acted in a particularly negligent manner.
Check out our top case results to see settlements we have obtained for other clients. As our Burbank truck accident attorneys work on a contingency basis, there are no legal fees unless we get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal ally on your side when truck accidents and injuries occur. To get our team fighting on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Burbank truck accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.