Burbank Wrongful Death Attorneys
Burbank Wrongful Death Attorneys
Accidental injuries are a common occurrence. Sadly, the extent of the harm caused may be so severe that victims are unable to recover. This type of needless loss of life is always tragic and devastating for surviving friends and family members. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the compassionate, professional legal representation you need to hold those at fault accountable. As experienced Burbank wrongful death attorneys, we know that no amount of money can ease the suffering you experience at the loss of your loved one. However, filing a claim can provide a sense of justice and helps to ensure you are provided for in a way they would have wanted. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you and your family during this difficult time. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Get The Compassionate, Trusted Legal Guidance You Need From Our Burbank Wrongful Death Attorneys
The death of a loved one is never easy. It is particularly hard to deal with when it happens in an untimely and unexpected manner. This type of situation is unfortunately common and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) reports that accidental injuries are one of the leading causes. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you can count on during this difficult time. When a loved one’s death happens due to the reckless and negligent actions of others, the at-fault party can be held responsible through a wrongful death claim. Our Burbank wrongful death attorneys defend the rights of surviving family members when a death occurs as a result of the following:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Deadly crashes involving bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Public transportation accidents involving buses or trains;
- Fatal Uber and Lyft car accidents;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents involving dangerous and defective products;
- Slips and falls, getting struck by objects, or other types of fatal accidents that occur on another’s property.
What Qualifies As A Wrongful Death?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that close to 30 million people seek medical care in hospital emergency rooms each year as a result of accidental injuries. In nearly 200,000 of these cases, the injuries suffered by the victim end up proving fatal. While the accident that caused their death may have been unintentional, it is ultimately the reckless and negligent actions of others which are ultimately to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Burbank wrongful death attorney can hold those responsible for your loved one’s death accountable in a claim. You can trust our legal team to investigate all aspects of your case, uncovering evidence of how a particular accident occurred and who is responsible. Common causes of wrongful death in cases we represent include:
- Dangerous driving behaviors, such as speeding, driving distracted, disregarding traffic signals, and driving under the influence;
- Policies on the part of truck companies and other commercial businesses which put others in danger, such as over scheduling drivers, failing to provide proper training, and failing to maintain their vehicles;
- Dangerous property conditions, such as wet floors, loose flooring materials, and lack of handrails or proper lighting, which the owner or manager of the premises allows to exist and fails to warn visitors about;
- Dangerous and defective products, for which manufacturers, distributors, and sellers may be liable.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
No amount of money can bring back your loved one or ease the suffering their loss causes. However, filing a wrongful death claim can ensure justice is served and that you and your family are provided for in the years to come in a way your loved one would have wanted. Under Section 377.60 of the California Code of Civil Procedure those entitled to file a wrongful death claim include:
- Parents, grandparents, or legal guardians of the deceased;
- Spouses and domestic partners;
- Children, stepchildren, and legal wards of the victim;
- The victim’s personal representative or other blood relatives who would have otherwise inherited from the estate.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Claim Worth?
A wrongful death claim is designed to cover outstanding medical expenses, funeral costs, and lost income your loved one would have earned both now and in the future. It also compensates you for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you and others experience due to their loss. While each case is different, our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of victims and their families.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the compassionate client service you need during this difficult time while making sure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a wrongful death claim. To discuss your case and how we can help, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Burbank wrongful death attorneys online to request a free consultation today.