Burbank Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Burbank Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Residents of Burbank routinely rely on ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft. When introduced, this type of transportation was generally considered safer in certain situations than driving yourself. Lately, it is hard to ignore the increasing number of car accidents that happen involving Uber or Lyft drivers. When serious injuries occur as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold them accountable.
As experienced Burbank Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we can guide you in seeking compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur as a result of these crashes. To discuss your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Burbank Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
Ride-sharing companies such as Uber and Lyft provide a valuable service for residents of Burbank. In addition to being a convenient way to run errands or get to work, they offer a safe alternative to driving after a night out drinking. However, as the use of Uber and Lyft becomes more widespread, more is being learned about the risks these drivers and the companies they work for can pose to innocent passengers and others on the road. According to the CATO Institute, the rate of ride-sharing accidents is increasing. A lack of regulations in the industry and lower criteria for drivers are two common factors to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent victims in claims against drivers, the companies they work for, and others involved. Our Burbank Uber and Lyft accident attorneys help you get compensation when injuries occur due to the following:
- Car accidents involving Uber or Lyft drivers;
- Crashes and collisions in which other motorists are to blame;
- Mishaps that occur during your trip, such as sudden stops that cause you to suffer bumps, blows, or jolts in your seat;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving pedestrians, bicyclists, and other road users.
Are Uber and Lyft Accidents Common?
According to studies conducted by MIT Technology Review, ride-sharing accidents have steadily increased over the past decade. Currently, they are responsible for more than 1,000 deaths and cause serious injuries for tens of thousands of other drivers and passengers each year.
As experienced Burbank Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we help to hold those at fault responsible in these cases, so victims can get the compensation they need to recover. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents in cases we represent include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving while distracted or under the influence;
- Lack of proper maintenance of Uber or Lyft vehicles, which can cause malfunctions that increase ride-sharing accident risks;
- Negligent company policies, such as not properly vetting or training drivers or allowing them to work excessive schedules;
- The actions of other motorists on the road, which may be a contributing factor in Uber and Lyft crashes or collisions.
How Can I Get Compensation Uber and Lyft Accident Injuries?
With so many potential variables in ride-sharing accidents, determining who is ultimately liable and filing a claim can prove challenging. You may be entitled to compensation through the at-fault driver’s individual insurance. You may also be able to file a claim against insurance policies offered through Uber and Lyft which are designed to protect passengers in these situations.
Before attempting to file this type of claim or making any statements to the insurer, speak with a member of our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first. Insurance companies have a financial motive in either denying or downplaying your claim. Our Burbank personal injury lawyers can negotiate with these companies on your behalf, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement. In the event the damages you suffer are severe, we can guide you in seeking additional types of compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. This may include:
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and any future costs you are likely to incur as a result of your injuries;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in income and benefits due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your accident or injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount ordered by the judge to punish ride-sharing companies and the drivers who work for them for conduct that was particularly reckless and negligent.
While each case is different, check out our top case results to see settlements and jury awards we have obtained for clients in similar situations.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are here 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help when ride sharing accidents happen. To protect your rights when filing a claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Burbank Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.