Cerritos Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Cerritos Bicycle Accident Attorneys
While a bike can provide you with hours of enjoyment and exercise, it offers little in the way of protection. When bicycle accidents involving other road users happen, the injuries you suffer are likely to be severe. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover in a claim.
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our Cerritos bicycle accident attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on the side of you and your family. A quick look at our top case results reveals settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients in similar cases. To discuss your rights in filing a claim, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Cases Our Cerritos Bicycle Accident Attorneys Represent
Bicycle accidents are common in Cerritos and throughout the surrounding Los Angeles County area. According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), as many as 4,500 crashes and collisions involving bicycles happen each year. These claim the lives of close to 200 people while leaving numerous others with serious and potentially disabling personal injuries.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong ally on the side of bicycle accident victims. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Cerritos bicycle accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of cases we represent include:
- Intersection and crosswalk accidents: One of the most common types of bike accidents, these happen when drivers disregard traffic signs or signals and fail to recognize right of way;
- Turning collisions: These bike accidents can occur when you are alongside a driver in traffic and they fail to look or see you when making a turn;
- Cut off accidents: This is when a driver either stops suddenly or pulls abruptly into your lane, causing you to crash into the back end of their vehicle;
- Sideswipe accidents: These happen when drivers swerve into bike lanes or fail to give you enough space on the road;
- Door accidents: These occur when you are driving in off-street parking areas and a driver opens their door without looking.
Who Is Responsible For Bicycle Accidents?
The City of Cerritos offers a number of safety tips for bicyclists as well as a brief summary of the vehicle laws which apply to them. While bike riders do have an obligation to take steps in protecting themselves, motor vehicle drivers can be held responsible when their actions cause a bicycle accident to happen.
Our Cerritos bicycle accident attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Law conduct a thorough investigation into each of our client’s cases. We determine the underlying causes and gather the evidence needed to hold at-fault drivers accountable. Based on our experience, crashes and collisions involving bicyclists tend to occur as a result of the following reckless driving behaviors:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights or stop signs;
- Failure to yield at crosswalks;
- Being drowsy or distracted, increasing the odds of driving errors;
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs and medications.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Bicycle Accident Claim?
Under the California Civil Code, when someone’s reckless actions result in injuries to another, they are liable for any damages that occur as a result. In cases of bicycle accidents, our legal team can guide you in filing a claim. Your first option is likely to involve seeking compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurer. Our Cerritos bicycle accident attorneys can negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you are treated fairly and receive the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements.
If the at-fault driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Economic damages: These cover the actual costs of your medical care and lost wages, as well as any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain, suffering, and general loss of enjoyment your bike accident and injuries result in.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner, this is an additional amount the judge may order as a form of punishment.
Even in hit and run bicycle accident cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can take the actions needed to identify the driver so that they can be held accountable.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
When bicycle accidents happen, you can trust Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. to help you get the compensation you need to recover. To get our team working on your behalf, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos bicycle accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.