Cerritos Bus Accident Attorneys
Cerritos Bus Accident AttorneysMajor bus crashes and collisions make headline news and leave passengers suffering potentially life-threatening injuries. Smaller but still serious accidents may not garner as much attention, but the injuries you suffer can be just as severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent victims in these cases, helping them get the compensation they need to recover. As experienced Cerritos bus accident attorneys, we hold bus drivers and the companies they work for accountable for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffer. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for our clients. To find out how we can help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Cerritos Bus Accident Attorneys RepresentThe City of Cerritos provides residents with local bus service through Cerritos On Wheels (COW). Metro Link and other providers travel to destinations through Los Angeles County, across the region, and throughout the United States. Taking the bus can be a convenient and cost-effective way to get where you want to go. At the same time, it does expose you to certain risks. Bus accidents are just as likely to happen as any other type of motor vehicle accident. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal representation you need. As experienced Cerritos bus accident attorneys, we represent victims in the following cases:
- Bus crashes involving other motor vehicles;
- Collisions with stationary objects;
- Rollover bus accidents;
- Accidents while getting on or off the bus;
- On board incidents, such as getting thrown from your seat or altercations involving other passengers;
- Bus stop and bus station accidents, involving passengers, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
What Should I Do If I’m In A Bus Accident?According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), close to 70,000 bus accidents occur each year, causing potentially life-threatening injuries for more than 15,000 people. Thousands of other incidents go unreported. They may not grab headlines the way a major crash does but impacts victims suffer can be just as severe. If you are involved in any type of bus accident, follow these steps:
- Report it immediately to the bus driver, the bus company, and local law enforcement:
- Make sure that an accident report is filed and includes the names of any witnesses at the scene;
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible, regardless of the severity of your injuries or your symptoms;
- Speak to our Cerritos bus accident attorneys, before making any statements to the bus company and their insurers.
Who Is Responsible For My Bus Accident Injuries?Even a seemingly minor bus accident or a mishap that occurs on board or during the loading process can result in broken bones and injuries to the head, back, neck, or soft tissues. More serious bus crashes can cause potentially life-threatening damage and may leave you with permanent disabilities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Cerritos bus accident attorneys can help you hold those responsible accountable in a claim. This may include both the bus driver and the company they work for. The Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that the most common causes of bus accidents include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver;
- Lack of proper training or certifications;
- Failure to properly maintain the bus or to supervise passengers;
- Bus company policies, such as running too tight of schedules, overcrowding, and not allowing adequate breaks for drivers.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Bus Accident ClaimThe exact amount you are entitled to in a bus accident claim will depend on the circumstances and your injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you need to recover. This may include:
- Current medical expenses and future costs you incur due to the need for ongoing treatment;
- Lost wages and any future losses in earnings or benefits due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering caused by your bus accident, as well as for the loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount you may be entitled to if the bus driver or bus company acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Schedule A Free ConsultationBus accident injuries can impact you for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help you get the compensation you need to recover in your claim. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos bus accident attorneys online today.