Cerritos Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Cerritos Slip and Fall Attorneys
A slip and fall accident may be embarrassing, particularly if it happens in public. Victims are often quick to downplay the injuries they suffer, but the fact is even a seemingly minor incident can have a major impact on your life. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
While often referred to as ‘accidents’, slips and falls are generally the result of negligence on the part of others. As experienced Cerritos slip and falls attorneys, we hold those at fault accountable. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for clients in slip and fall cases. To find out how we can help you, 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Cerritos Slip and Fall Attorneys Represent
Slip and fall accidents are unfortunately common occurrences. The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that close to 10 million people throughout the country suffer slips and falls each year. In addition to resulting in serious personal injuries, they are a leading cause of death and disability.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Cerritos slip and fall attorneys represent victims and their families in these cases, helping them get the compensation they need to recover. In the majority of situations, slip and fall accidents are the result of negligent actions of property owners. Common causes include:
- Wet, slippery floors due to condensation and spills;
- Loose and torn carpeting;
- Uneven or chipped flooring tiles;
- Cluttered aisles and walkways;
- Poor lighting conditions;
- Lack of proper landscaping;
- Unguarded heights;
- Lack of handrails on stairs.
What Are The Most Common Types Of Slip and Fall Injuries?
When a slip and fall accident happens, victims may be reluctant to call attention to themselves or ‘make a big deal’ out of the incident. Unfortunately, this could jeopardize your health as well as your rights in a claim. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that even seemingly minor falls can have major impacts. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Cerritos slip and fall accident attorneys handle include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as strained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Severe cuts, bruises, and lacerations;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Herniated discs and other back and neck injuries;
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Damage to nerves in the spinal cord or column.
While all of the above can result in permanent disabilities, symptoms may take hours, days, or even weeks to fully appear. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we urge you to notify the property owner, onsite security, or law enforcement when a slip or fall happens so that an accident report can be filed and to seek medical treatment immediately.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
Under Section 1714 of the California Code, everyone is responsible for not taking actions that could put others at risk. For property owners, this means providing proper maintenance and warning visitors when potentially dangerous conditions do exist. When they fail in these duties, you have the right to hold them liable for the damages you suffer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Cerritos slip and fall attorneys can guide you in your options:
- File a claim against the property owner’s insurance. Whether a slip and fall happens in a private home or public places, such as a grocery store, office, or restaurant, the property owner likely has insurance that can cover the costs associated with your injuries.
- File a premises liability claim. If your insurance claim is denied, a reasonable settlement is not offered, or your slip and fall injuries are severe, you have the right to take the at-fault party to court.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Slip and Fall Claim?
Even a minor slip and fall accident can leave you suffering injuries that result in permanent impairments. In addition to requiring ongoing medical treatment, these could prevent you from working or enjoying your usual hobbies and activities for years to come. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. While each case is different, this may include:
- Coverage of your current medical bills and any treatments, rehabilitative therapy, or other costs you are likely to incur in the future;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future lost income you are likely to suffer due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your slip and fall injuries result in.
To Request A Free Consultation, Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
You have only one chance to get compensation after a slip and fall accident. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, we work to get you the maximum amount in your claim. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos slip and falls attorneys online today.