Cerritos Pedestrian Accidents
Cerritos Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents in Cerritos leave victims with serious injuries. Medical expenses can quickly pile up while your injuries keep you from working or engaging in your usual activities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we protect your rights in this situation and help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. As experienced Cerritos pedestrian accident attorneys, we hold at-fault drivers accountable for the damages you suffer. You can count on us to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients. To get our team working for you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Cerritos Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Provide The Legal Guidance You Need
Walking is encouraged both for the health benefits and as an environmentally-friendly form of transportation. However, the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) warns that the high rate of pedestrian accidents in our state requires residents to stay two steps ahead. Close to 1,000 people are killed in pedestrian accidents each year while more than 14,000 others suffer serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients involved in pedestrian accidents in Cerritos. We understand the impacts these injuries can have on every aspect of your life. We provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation needed to hold at-fault drivers accountable. Common types of cases handled by our Cerritos pedestrian accident attorneys include:
- Pedestrian accidents involving cars and motorcyclists;
- Pedestrian accidents involving buses, trains, and Uber or Lyft drivers;
- Pedestrian accidents involving trucks or other commercial vehicles;
- Pedestrian accidents involving bicyclists or scooter and moped users;
- Pedestrian accidents occurring at parking lots, bus stops, or other public places.
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents In Cerritos?
The City of Cerritos urges local residents to use caution in protecting themselves against pedestrian accidents. Staying on sidewalks, using crosswalks at intersections, increasing your visibility, and remaining alert at all times helps reduce your risks. Unfortunately, even when taking these types of precautions, pedestrian accidents can still occur. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Cerritos pedestrian accident attorneys have been representing clients in these types of cases for decades. In our experience, reckless driving is generally to blame. This includes:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving, such as failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving while under the influence, which includes alcohol, illegal ‘street’ drugs, and medications.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Pedestrians have the same rights as any other road user. When pedestrian accidents leave you with serious personal injuries, you can count on our legal team to help you file a claim. We can conduct a thorough investigation into your case, determining the causes and who is liable. Negotiating with insurers on your behalf, we work to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements offered. In cases where the at-fault driver was uninsured or the injuries you suffer are severe, you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit against them. Under the California Civil Code, compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Medical expenses: Reimbursement of medical expenses and coverage of any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Lost wages: Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in income or benefits due to ongoing limitations or disabilities;
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for the pain and suffering your pedestrian accident caused, as well as any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
Depending on the situation, you may also be entitled to punitive damages. This is an additional amount the judge may award to punish the at-fault driver for actions that were particularly willful and negligent.
What If A Pedestrian Accident Involves A Hit and Run?
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you get the compensation you need to recover from pedestrian accident injuries, regardless of the situation. Cases involving hit and run are common. Actions our Cerritos pedestrian accident attorneys can take in locating the driver include:
- Talking to witnesses and collecting other evidence at the scene;
- Reviewing video from nearby traffic signals or stores to identify the driver;
- Working with law enforcement in getting the word out in the community;
- Talking to local car repair shops, where the driver may have taken their vehicle afterward.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Get the compensation you need to recover after a pedestrian accident. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos pedestrian accident attorneys online today.