Cerritos Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Cerritos Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Relying on ride-sharing services is second nature for many of us in Cerritos. It frees up valuable time in traffic, saves on automotive costs and parking, and is a go-to after a night out drinking. Unfortunately, as our reliance on services such as Uber and Lyft increases, so do the risks for ride-sharing accidents. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover from their injuries.
As experienced Cerritos Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need when filing a claim. Our top case results point to our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions on behalf of our clients. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help in your case. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation today.
Get Trusted Legal Guidance From Our Cerritos Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing services in Cerritos are plentiful. Alongside Uber and Lyft, numerous smaller companies, carpooling programs, and limousine services are available to take residents anywhere they want to go. Arranging a ride is generally quick and easy, but problems may be lurking behind the scenes that could put you at risk.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide trusted legal guidance to victims of accidents involving Uber, Lyft, and other ride-sharing services. Crashes and collisions happen on a regular basis and can result in serious, potentially life-threatening injuries. Our experienced Cerritos Uber and Lyft accident attorneys protect your rights to compensation in the following types of cases:
- Single-vehicle crashes, such as when an Uber or Lyft crashes into a stationary object;
- Collisions involving ride-sharing drivers and other motorists on the road;
- Ridesharing accidents impacting bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Uber and Lyft accident injuries caused by altercations with the driver or other mishaps that occur during your trip.
How Common Are Uber and Lyft Accidents?
When ride-sharing services first become popular in early 2010, they were hailed as a way to reduce traffic gridlock and the numbers of drunk drivers on the road. Early on, these services were credited for a general decrease in car accidents and injuries. Since then, the National Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that car accident rates have steadily climbed and ride-sharing accidents are a contributing factor.
As experienced Cerritos Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we identify the reasons why injuries happened and who can be held accountable. Common causes in cases we handle include:
- Reckless driving behavior: Speeding, disregarding traffic signs or signals, and driving distracted or impaired are common causes of car accidents. Ride-sharing drivers are just as likely to engage in these behaviors as any other motorist.
- Negligent company practices: Uber, Lyft, and other ride-sharing services can be held responsible for not properly vetting drivers, allow them to operate despite infractions, and for over scheduling.
- Mechanical issues: Driving for Uber or Lyft puts significant wear and tear on a vehicle. Improper maintenance and defective parts increase ride-sharing accident risks.
- Other drivers: Even if a crash or collision is caused by another motorist, the ride-sharing driver and the company they work for can be held liable for your injuries.
How Can I Get Compensation For Uber and Lyft Accident Injuries?
When an Uber or Lyft accident occurs, victims are often unsure of how to proceed in filing a claim. As experienced Cerritos Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in the steps you need to take. Our legal team will thoroughly review your case and your options in seeking compensation. In general, there are two courses of action available:
- File an insurance claim: You may be entitled to compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurer or through insurance policies provided by Uber and Lyft. Both claim to offer one million in coverage to protect drivers and their passengers. Unfortunately, getting them to pay on these claims can prove challenging.
- File a personal injury lawsuit: Under the California Civil Code, everyone is responsible for preventing personal injuries. If the driver and/or the company they worked for was negligent, you have the right to file a lawsuit against them.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf and will not hesitate in taking the at-fault parties to court as needed. Our goal is to get you the maximum amount you deserve for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs your ride-sharing accident resulted in.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Schedule A Free Consultation Today
Ride-sharing companies such as Uber and Lyft have teams of attorneys on their side to defend them against claims. Get our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.