Cerritos Wrongful Death Attorneys
Cerritos Wrongful Death Attorneys
Victims of accidents do not always recover. For surviving family members, their sense of loss is compounded by the fact that their loved one’s death could likely have been prevented. In cases where the reckless and negligent actions of others are responsible, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the compassionate, professional legal representation you need. As experienced Cerritos wrongful death attorneys, we protect your rights in filing a claim. We know that no amount of money can ease your suffering. However, a wrongful death lawsuit can provide a sense of justice while making sure you are provided for in a way your loved one would have wanted. Our legal team is standing by 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help in your case. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Cerritos Wrongful Death Attorneys Help You Get Justice For Your Loved OneAccidents in Cerritos happen on a regular basis. Unfortunately, injuries suffered can end up proving life-threatening. In too many cases, victims never recover. According to statewide statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 13,000 people die as a result of personal injuries in California each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we defend the rights of the victim and their surviving family members. While criminal charges may not be filed, it is likely the reckless actions of others are to blame. We help you get a sense of justice by holding those at fault accountable. Common types of cases our Cerritos wrongful death attorneys represent include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Victims in these cases include other drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Reckless driving behaviors such as speeding, distracted driving, and driving while impaired are often to blame.
- Truck accidents: With the number of major freeways running through Cerritos, truck accidents happen regularly. Reckless driving behaviors, reckless company policies, and maintenance issues are among the leading causes.
- Public transportation accidents: Lack of oversight, non-regulatory practices, and driver error all make public transit accidents more likely to happen.
- Accidents that occur on another’s property: When a property owner fails to address dangerous situations or maintain the premises, they can be held accountable when victims suffer falls, get struck by objects, or suffer other fatal accidents.
- Accidents caused by product defects: We hold manufacturers and distributors accountable when dangerous or defective products cause fatal injuries.
- Other situations that result in wrongful death: When sports and recreational accidents, random acts of violence, or any other situation resulting in fatal injuries occurs, you can count on us to provide the aggressive legal representation you need.
Who Has The Right To Sue For Wrongful Death?The passing of a loved one is never easy. When it occurs due to the reckless actions of others, families experience trauma and financial hardship for years after. As experienced Cerritos wrongful death attorneys, we understand how difficult this situation is. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to help you get the compensation you need to recover in a wrongful death claim. Who has the right to file a lawsuit for wrongful death? Those who are eligible under Section 377.60 of the California Statutes include:
- Surviving spouses or domestic partners of the victim;
- Their parents, grandparents, or legal guardians;
- The victim’s children or grandchildren;
- Other blood relatives entitled to inherit from the victim;
- The personal representatives of the victim’s estate.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?Families in wrongful death cases face heavy financial burdens. On top of their grief, there are outstanding medical expenses, funeral costs, and a loss of household income to contend with. Filing a wrongful death claim helps to compensate you for these losses. While each case is different, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients. As experienced Cerritos wrongful death attorneys, our legal team can help ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your case. This may include:
- Economic damages: This type of compensation is meant to cover tangible losses you suffer. It includes funeral costs, medical expenses, lost wages, and any future compensation or benefits your loved one would have earned.
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for intangible losses. It includes your pain, suffering, and the loss of companionship or enjoyment in life you experience due to your loved one’s passing.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in your case to punish the at-fault party for actions that were particularly willful and negligent.