Cerritos Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Cerritos Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
In terms of accident risks, motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable road users. With little to protect them when crashes and collisions do occur, the injuries they suffer have a tendency to be severe. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive legal representation you need when filing a claim. Our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover. As experienced Cerritos motorcycle accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help in your case. With decades worth of combined experience helping clients in these types of matters, our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To get our team fighting on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Cases Our Cerritos Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Represent
While riding a motorcycle is an exciting hobby and can provide a cost-effective alternative to driving a car to and from work each day, motorcyclists need to be aware of the risks they face on the road. Statistics from the Governor’s Highway Safety Association (GHSA) show that California has one of the highest motorcycle accident rates in the country. Motorcyclists in Cerritos who end up traveling locally and throughout Los Angeles County area are among those most at risk. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation you need when motorcycle accidents happen. Common types of cases our Cerritos motorcycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Left-turn motorcycle accidents, which are one of the most common types of crashes and occur at intersections or when passing other motorists;
- Rear-impact motorcycle accidents, which tend to happen in heavy traffic conditions;
- Head-on collisions, which can occur on highway exits or entrance ramps and are one of the most potential fatal types of crashes;
- Lane splitting accidents, which are more likely due to narrow roads and lanes;
- Accidents involving other motorcyclists, which can happen in routine traffic or at group riding events.
What Is The Most Common Cause Of Motorcycle Accidents In Cerritos?
Riding a motorcycle safely requires a high level of both skill and experience. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) warns that improper handling when riding in heavy traffic, bad weather, and on adverse road conditions increase motorcycle accident risks. However, the biggest factor in most motorcycle crashes and collisions is the reckless driving behaviors of other motorists on the road. These include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signs or signals;
- Tailgating, improper passing, and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Distracted driving, which includes using cell phones or texting;
- Drowsy driving and falling asleep behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or other substances.
As experienced Cerritos motorcycle accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Attorneys thoroughly investigate all aspects of your case to determine the underlying causes. This helps us gather the evidence needed to hold at-fault drivers accountable in a motorcycle accident claim.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Claim?
Serious, potentially disabling, and often life-threatening personal injuries can result from motorcycle accidents. When a crash is caused by the reckless actions of others, you have the right to hold them accountable in a claim. You have two basic options in seeking the compensation you need to recover:
File an insurance claim.
The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) advises that all motorists are required to carry a mandatory minimum amount of coverage to protect others against crashes and collisions for which they are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Cerritos motorcycle accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement.
File a motorcycle accident lawsuit.
In the event a reasonable settlement cannot be reached or the at-fault driver was uninsured, our legal team can guide you in filing a civil lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, such as your current medical bills and lost wages as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as your pain, suffering, and the loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to lingering disabilities.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the court may order in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Free Consultation Today
You only have one chance to get the compensation you need to recover from motorcycle accident injuries. Get our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We work on a contingency basis in motorcycle accident cases, which means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos motorcycle attorneys online and request a free consultation today.