Cerritos Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Cerritos Train Accident Attorneys
Train accidents happen with alarming regularity in the Los Angeles County area. In addition to major crashes, passengers face risks due to mishaps that happen on-board or at the train station. When you suffer serious injuries as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. defend your rights in filing a claim.
As experienced Cerritos train accident attorneys, we are dedicated to helping you get the maximum amount of compensation you need to recover. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions for clients in similar types of cases. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Our Cerritos Train Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights To Compensation
Residents in Cerritos often rely on nearby Metrolink stations as a way to get around Los Angeles County and avoid endless traffic tie-ups. Amtrak is also useful for taking trips throughout the state and across the country, but both involve certain risks.
Train accidents can happen at any time. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers protect the rights of victims. With our decades worth of experience as Cerritos train accident attorneys, we are a strong ally on your side, helping you get the compensation you need to recover in the following types of cases:
- Major train crashes, which can involve collisions with stationary objects, other trains, or motor vehicles;
- Train accidents caused by technical issues, such as when a train jumps the tracks;
- Boarding mishaps, which can occur getting on or off the train;
- On-board incidents, such as being thrown from your seat, struck by objects, or altercations with staff and passengers;
- Train station accidents, which can involve slips and trips due to flooring or falls from platforms.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Train Accidents?
According to statistics from the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), California has one of the highest rates for train accidents in the country. Close to 90 crashes and collisions are recorded each year while hundreds of other incidents likely go unreported. In these cases, one of the following factors is often to blame:
- Reckless actions on the part of engineers in guiding or operating the train;
- Failure on the part of train staff in assisting passengers;
- Problems at train stations, such as failure to provide appropriate signaling;
- Negligent train company practices, such as failure to vet employees or have the proper emergency procedures in place;
- Defects on the part of manufacturers and others, such as supplying faulty or defective train and track parts.
As experienced Cerritos train accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation into your case. We can determine how your train accident occurred and who is ultimately responsible.
Do I Need A Cerritos Train Accident Attorney?
Even a minor mishap or train accident can leave you suffering serious injuries. Unfortunately, dealing with the train company in the aftermath can be a nightmare. In addition to all the red tape, these companies have teams of attorneys working on their side to deny liability in claims. To ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to, you need our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours.
Our decades worth of experience handling train accidents and other types of personal injury cases works to your advantage. Steps our Cerritos train accident attorneys can take on your behalf include:
- Identifying and gathering evidence that can be used in support of your claim;
- Subpoenaing witnesses and obtaining opinions from experts in the field;
- Handling all communications between you, the train company, and their insurers;
- Aggressively negotiating a settlement on your behalf, helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover.
In the event a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will not hesitate to take your case to court. We generally work on a contingency basis in train accident claims, which means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
How Much Am I Entitled To For My Train Accident Injuries?
The exact amount you are entitled to will depend on the circumstances surrounding your train accident and the severity of your injuries. In a Cerritos train accident lawsuit, compensation available under the California Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, such as your medical bills, lost wages, and any future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as the pain and suffering your train accident causes you or your family members;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order to punish the train company or its employees for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Before making any statements to train accident investigators or accepting any settlements, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. first. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.