Cerritos Car Accident Attorneys
Cerritos Car Accident Attorneys
Even the most experienced drivers can find themselves involved in a car accident in Cerritos. In a split second, the sudden, reckless actions of others on the road can leave you suffering potentially serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help you hold them accountable, so you can get the compensation you need to recover. As Cerritos car accident attorneys, we have spent decades serving members of our community in these types of cases. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you in filing your claim. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Injured in A Car Accident? Our Cerritos Car Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights
For drivers in Cerritos, car accidents pose a major threat. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports close to 200 collisions happen here each year while the surrounding Los Angeles County area has the second-highest crash rate in the state. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of victims injured as a result. Cases our Cerritos car accident attorneys handle include:
- Parking lot accidents;
- Rear-end collisions;
- Sideswipe accidents;
- Side impact or t-bone crashes;
- Head-on collisions;
- Rollover accidents.
These types of crashes can involve other motorists, Uber or Lyft drivers, trucks, or public transportation vehicles. When you suffer serious injuries and another driver is to blame, you have the right to hold them accountable in a car accident claim.
What Is The Most Common Cause of Car Accidents In Cerritos?
Car accidents in Cerritos are complex events and there may be multiple factors involved. Poor road conditions, rain or fog, and vehicle malfunctions can all make car crashes and collisions more likely to occur. However, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that a critical factor in the majority of these cases is the reckless actions of other drivers on the road. As experienced Cerritos car accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate your case to determine what happened and who is ultimately to blame. Among the most common causes in cases we represent include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Tailgating, failure to yield, and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Distracted driving, which involves any activity which takes your eyes off the road and your hands off the wheel;
- Drowsy driving, which is a common problem for new parents, college students, and those who work swing shifts;
- Driving under the influence, which may involve alcohol, drugs, or even prescription and over the counter medications.
How Can I Get Compensation For Car Accident Injuries?
Even a minor car accident can leave you suffering major injuries. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that in California, which has one of the highest car accident rates in the country, the costs associated with crashes and collisions total billions of dollars each year. When you are injured as a result of another driver’s reckless actions, you have the right to hold them liable for the medical bills, lost wages, and other losses you suffer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in the options available. The first step is generally to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer. Unfortunately, in addition to having a high rate of car accidents, our area also has one of the highest percentages of uninsured and under-insured drivers. Even if a policy is in place, it may not cover all of your costs. In this situation, your best course of action may be to file a civil lawsuit against them.
How Much Am I Entitled To In My Car Accident Claim?
Under the California Civil Code, others can be held responsible when their reckless and negligent actions cause you to suffer personal injuries. While each case is different, our Cerritos car accident attorneys can help ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. Depending on the situation, this may include:
- Coverage of your current medical bills and future medical care you are likely to require;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in earnings in the event you suffer permanent disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your accident or injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we act as a strong legal advocate on the side of car accident victims, helping them get the compensation they need to recover. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos car accident attorneys online today.