Cerritos Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Cerritos Truck Accident Attorneys
Cerritos offers residents a more relaxed manner of living compared to other neighborhoods in Los Angeles County. However, as one of the Gateway Cities for the region, we see plenty of truck traffic moving through our area. Sharing the roads with semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs puts motorists at risk. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims get the compensation they need to recover when truck accidents and injuries occur.
Our experienced Cerritos truck accident attorneys provide the trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation you need when dealing with trucking companies and their insurers. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To ensure your rights when filing a claim are protected, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Common Types Of Cases Our Cerritos Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
California has one of the highest rates for truck accidents in the country. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 300 people lose their lives in these accidents each year while thousands of others suffer serious personal injuries. With Cerritos position between two major interstates, residents here at among those most at risk.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of motorists when truck accidents happen. Common types of cases our Cerritos truck accident attorneys represent include:
- Rear-end collision truck accidents, which can happen when truckers engage in aggressive driving behaviors;
- Sideswipe and T-bone crashes, which occur when passing vehicles or making turns at intersections;
- Jackknife truck accidents, which is when a truck driver slams on the brakes, causing the trailer to ride up alongside the cab at a 90-degree angle;
- Underride truck accidents, which can happen when truck guards are not in place;
- Rollover truck accidents, which impact drivers in other lanes and may result in disastrous cargo spills;
- Head-on collisions, one of the deadliest types of truck accidents, which often occur at highway entrance or exit ramps.
What Are The Most Common Causes In Truck Accidents?
It is important for motorists to give truck drivers the space they need on the road. Driving in ‘no zones’ behind, in front of, or alongside a truck where cars cannot be seen from the cab increases accident risks. Even in this type of situation, it still generally the actions of the truck driver or the company they work for which are ultimately to blame.
As experienced Cerritos truck accident attorneys, we conduct our own investigations into your crash to determine the underlying causes. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) states that the following are among the most common factors:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, disregarding traffic signs and signals, drowsy or distracted driving, and driving under the influence;
- Improper cargo loading, causing weights to shift during travel;
- Poor truck maintenance practices, which increase truck accident risks;
- Negligent trucking company practices, such as failure to vet drivers or to penalize them for traffic violations;
- Overly demanding delivery schedules, which fail to allow truckers adequate time to make trips or take breaks.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Truck Accident Claim?
Trucks are massive vehicles that can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. This provides a level of protection for truck drivers. When truck accidents occur, it is often other motorists involved who suffer the most serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team helps you get the compensation you need to recover. To protect your rights, it is important to speak with us first and before making any statements.
You may be entitled to file an insurance claim against the truck driver or the company they work for. Unfortunately, these companies are dedicated to protecting their clients as well as their own profits. As a result, they often either deny or downplay claims. As experienced Cerritos truck accident, we have the knowledge and legal expertise needed to aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf. If an agreeable settlement cannot be reached, you have the right to file a civil lawsuit against them. Damages available in this type of claim under the California Statutes include:
- Medical expenses: This includes coverage of both current costs and any future care you need;
- Lost wages: This reimburses current lost wages and future losses in income due to disabilities;
- Pain and suffering: You may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as for any loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order if the truck driver or the company they worked for acted in a particularly negligent manner.
To Schedule A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Truck drivers and the companies they work for have teams of attorneys on their side. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers fighting on yours. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Cerritos truck accident attorneys online today.