Chinatown Brain Injury Attorneys
Chinatown Brain Injury Attorneys
In the aftermath of an accident, headaches, dizziness, feelings of confusion and other symptoms can be a sign of brain injuries. These have the potential to be disabling or even life-threatening. To get the compensation you need to recover, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. Our experienced Chinatown (LA) brain injury attorneys provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries In Cases Our Chinatown Brain Injury Attorneys Represent
A vibrant, bustling community, Chinatown is a popular destination for shopping and dining while being in close proximity to a variety of other activities in LA. Unfortunately, large amounts of visitors and the frenetic pace of the neighborhood make it a common place for accidents to occur. Among the various types of personal injuries that can happen in Chinatown, brain injuries are among the most common. The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) warns that nearly 8,500 people suffer brain injuries throughout the Los Angeles area each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Chinatown brain injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they need to recover. Common causes of brain injuries in cases we represent include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists;
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents;
- Getting struck by or against objects;
- Construction site accidents;
- Accidents involving buses, Uber or Lyft, and other forms of public transportation.
What Are Common Types of Brain Injuries?
Anytime an accident happens in which a head injury is suspected, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Brainline, a non-profit group that provides support to brain injury victims and their families, warns that the following are among the most common types of brain injuries:
- Concussions, in which blows or jolts to the head cause the brain to move back and forth, slamming into the walls of the skull;
- Contusions, in which the force of a blow causes damage to brain tissues;
- Skull fractures, which can crushing or cracks within the bone structure;
- Hematomas, which can result in damage to blood vessels and bruising of the brain;
- Penetrating injuries, in which objects can become lodged within the skull or brain.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are here to help when the above or other types of brain injuries happen. While you focus on your recovery, our Chinatown brain injury attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
What Are Common Brain Injury Impacts?
Even seemingly minor accidents in Chinatown can result in serious and potentially disabling brain injuries. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that impacts that can occur as a result include:
- Impaired memory;
- Loss of balance;
- Vision and hearing disturbances;
- Impaired judgment and cognitive functioning;
- Difficulty communicating with others and understanding what is being said;
- Changes in personality and emotional problems, including increased anger, anxiety, and depression.
In accidents resulting in brain injuries, it is often the reckless actions of others that are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Chinatown brain injury attorneys help you hold motorists, property owners, and others at fault accountable either through an insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them.
How Much Is A Brain Injury Lawsuit Worth?
When you or someone you love suffers brain injuries in Chinatown, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers act as a strong legal advocate on your side. While compensation you are entitled to will depend on the situation and the severity of your injuries, you can count on us to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with any insurers involved on your behalf. If insurance is unavailable or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Chinatown brain injury attorneys will not hesitate to take those at-fault to court. Common types of compensation available in brain injury lawsuits include:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future treatments, rehabilitation services, or other medical costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your brain injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help brain injury victims and their families get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. We work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown brain injury attorneys online and request a free consultation today.