Chinatown Slip and Fall Attorneys
Chinatown Slip and Fall Attorneys
Part of the fun of living in or visiting Chinatown is browsing city streets and the many restaurants, stores, unique buildings, and other attractions in the area. Property owners have a duty to keep these places safe and properly maintained for visitors. When they fail to do so, slip and fall accidents can occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help clients injured in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. As experienced Chinatown slip and fall attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you hold property owners accountable. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for slip and fall accident victims. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a consultation today.
Our Chinatown Slip and Fall Attorneys Provide The Professional Legal Representation You Need
Slips and falls are a leading cause of personal injuries in Chinatown and throughout the Los Angeles area. According to statistics from the LA County Department of Public Health, nearly 40,000 slip and fall accidents are reported each year. In the majority of cases, it is the reckless and negligent actions of property owners which are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation you need to hold them responsible. Our Chinatown slip and fall attorneys help clients injured in restaurants, stores, office buildings, hotels, local parks, and other public places. Among the most common causes of slips and falls in these cases include:
- Wet, slippery floors due to spills and condensation;
- Uneven walkways and loose paving stones;
- Torn carpeting and chipped flooring tiles;
- Cluttered aisles and hallways;
- Dim lighting and broken fixtures;
- Lack of handrails on stairs;
- Lack of guardrails or other warnings posted at heights and in areas under construction.
How Serious Are Slip and Fall Injuries?
Anytime a slip and fall accident happens, you should notify the police or onsite security and the property owner immediately so that an accident report can be filed. You should also seek medical care as soon as possible, regardless of the severity of your injuries or the symptoms you suffer. Even a seemingly minor slip and fall can have major impacts on your health for long months or even years to come. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Chinatown slip and fall attorneys represent include:
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Damages to discs or vertebrae in the back or neck;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and skull fractures;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
The National Safety Council (NSC) advises that one of the most unfortunate things about slip and fall injuries is that they are entirely preventable. When the reckless actions of property owners put your health at risk, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you hold them accountable in a claim.
Why Do I Need A Slip and Fall Accident Attorney?
California Civil Jury Instructions (CACI) advise that property owners owe a basic duty of care to maintain the safety of their premises. This includes performing routine maintenance tasks, making needed repairs, and posting warnings when potentially dangerous conditions exist. When they fail in this duty, they can be held accountable for damages you suffer as a result through any property owner’s insurance policies they have in place. Unfortunately, dealing with insurance companies in this situation often proves challenging, which is why you need Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement. If a reasonable amount cannot be reached, our Chinatown slip and fall attorneys will not hesitate to take those at-fault to court. Compensation you may be entitled to in a slip and fall lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and compensation for future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and for future losses you may suffer due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded in cases where the property owner acted in a particularly reckless and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Slip and fall accidents can impact your life for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. We generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown slip and falls attorneys online today.