Chinatown Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Chinatown Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Local residents and visitors to Chinatown often rely on ridesharing providers such as Uber and Lyft to get around town. While this allows you to avoid the hassles of LA traffic and is a safer alternative to driving yourself if you have had even a couple of drinks, taking an Uber or Lyft is not without certain risks. Ride sharing accidents happen on an unfortunately regular basis. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is here to help. Our experienced Chinatown (LA) Uber and Lyft accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need to get compensation for your injuries. An award-winning personal injury law firm, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help in your case. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Chinatown Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
Since ridesharing services were first launched more than a decade ago they have grown wildly in terms of popularity. In addition to sparing you the expense and hassles of driving yourself, part of the appeal is their potential to reduce car accident risks. While taking an Uber or Lyft is a safer alternative to driving under the influence, the fact is that as the number of ridesharing drivers on the road has increased, so have crash risks. According to US News and World Reports, studies show that while ridesharing may be credited with modest declines in drunk driving, the overall accident rate has gone up. When serious personal injuries occur as a result, our Chinatown Uber and Lyft accident attorneys help victims get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of Uber and Lyft accident cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Car accidents involving Uber or Lyft drivers and other motorists;
- Collisions between Uber and Lyft drivers and fixed objects, such as guardrails and telephone poles;
- Incidents that happen during your trip, such as being thrown from your seat due to sudden stops;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving bicyclists, pedestrians, and waiting for passengers at pick-up locations.
What Are Common Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents?
Recently released Uber safety reports claim the mortality rate in ridesharing accidents is relatively low. However, this fails to address the serious and potentially disabling personal injuries suffered by large numbers of victims each year. When an Uber or Lyft accident does occur, it is often due to one of the following causes:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Lack of oversight in terms of scheduling, which can increase drowsy driving-related accident risks;
- Improper vehicle maintenance, which makes Uber and Lyft accidents more likely to happen;
- Negligence on the part of the ride sharing company, such as for failing to screen drivers or penalize them for traffic infractions.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Chinatown Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation into your case to determine exactly how your injuries occurred and who is ultimately responsible.
Do Uber and Lyft Compensate Accident Victims?
In the aftermath of an Uber or Lyft accident, the driver, other motorists involved, and the ride sharing company itself can all be held responsible in a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurers, Uber and Lyft executives, and their attorneys on your behalf. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, we focus on getting you the maximum amount you entitled to in your claim. In some cases, an insurance settlement may be reached, In others, we will need to take the ridesharing company and the at-fault driver to court. Compensation available in these cases under the California Civil Code includes:
- Non-economic damages: This covers your actual costs, such as current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future costs you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for intangible losses, including pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the Uber or Lyft driver or the company they worked for acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
When an Uber or Lyft accident happens, you only have one chance to get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. To ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We generally represent clients on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today.