Chinatown Dog Bite Attorneys
Chinatown Dog Bite Attorneys
While it can be fun to see furry four legged-creatures enjoying an afternoon out with their owners in Chinatown, it does present certain dangers. Serious dog bite injuries can happen when people fail to properly restrain or control their pets. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover. Our experienced Chinatown dog bite attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your side, helping to hold negligent dog owners accountable. Our top case results reveal hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements and jury awards on behalf of clients we represent. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Chinatown Dog Bite Attorneys Hold Reckless Dog Owners Accountable
With its central location in the heart of Los Angeles, Chinatown is a popular destination for pet owners. Visitors take dogs to local parks, shops, and restaurants while many residents own dogs as pets. Unfortunately, as the area has become more dog-friendly, bites and attacks have become more common According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, more than 20,000 people are victims of dog bites in our area each year. In most cases, the reckless actions of the dog’s owner are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable. Common causes of injuries in cases our Chinatown dog bite attorneys represent include:
- Failing to leash dogs in public places;
- Failing to control them in crowded areas;
- Failing to restrain them and allowing them to roam freely at housing complexes;
- Failing to want visitors that a dog is on the premises.
How Serious Are Dog Bite Injuries?
As loyal companions and trusted protectors, many people consider their dogs family members. This can cause them to downplay the risks. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) warns that even the most mild-mannered dog can bite if injured or feeling defensive, frightened, or hungry. Disfiguring, disabling, and potentially life-threatening injuries can occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal representation dog bite victims and their families need. While you focus on your recovery, our Chinatown dog bite attorneys focus on getting you compensation in a claim. Common types of dog bite injuries suffered by clients include:
- Deep scratches and torn flesh as a result of being clawed;
- Teeth marks that result in penetrating puncture wounds;
- Crushing injuries and damage to body limbs or organs due to the force of the dog’s jaws;
- Broken bones and soft tissue injuries suffered while trying to fight the dog off;
- Rabies, staph, strep, and other infections caused by bacteria in the dog’s saliva.
In addition to the physical damage dog bites cause, Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD) is also common. This can result in nightmares, flashbacks, depression, anxiety orders, and social isolation.
How Do I Hold A Pet Owner Responsible For Dog Bite Injuries?
In some states, there is what is known as a ‘one free dog bite’ rule. This essentially gives dog owners a pass if the dog previously showed no aggressive tendencies. Fortunately, there is no such rule in California. Under Section 3342 of the California Civil Code, dog owners can be held responsible for failing to control their pets the very first time a dog bite happens. When you suffer injuries as a result, you may be entitled to compensation through the dog owner’s property insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf, making sure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is unavailable or a reasonable settlement can not be reached, our Chinatown dog bite attorney provides the trusted guidance and professional legal representation you need to file a lawsuit against the dog owner. Compensation in this type of claim often includes:
- Coverage of current medical bills and compensation for future medical care you are likely to require;
- Reimbursement of lost wages due to dog bite injuries and compensation for future losses in income due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and mental anguish you experience, as well as for any disfigurement and loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if it is determined the dog owner actions were particularly willful and negligent.
To Request A Free Consultation, Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS
Dog bite injuries can impact you for years into the future. As you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover in a claim, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We generally represent dog bite victims on a contingency basis, meaning no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown dog bite attorneys online today.