Chinatown Bus Accident Attorneys
Chinatown Bus Accident Attorneys
Buses offer a convenient and cost-effective way to travel in Chinatown. While residents and visitors rely on bus service regularly, many are unaware of the risks. Bus accidents happen on a regular basis and can result in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims get the compensation they need to recover. Our Chinatown bus accident attorneys have decades worth of experience representing injured clients in these cases. As an award winning personal injury law firm, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you when bus accidents happen. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types Of Bus Accidents In Cases Our Chinatown (LA) Bus Accident Attorneys Represent
Between Dash routes provided through the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) and Metro service in the area, residents in Chinatown have plenty of options in taking the bus. These can help you save money on parking and vehicle costs when commuting or visiting local attractions. For farther destinations, Union Station allows you to connect with routes traveling across the state. While most people consider buses relatively safe, it is important to be aware of the risks. Bus accidents in Chinatown happen with alarming regularity. Even a seemingly minor mishap can put your safety at risk. When injuries occur, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you are entitled to. Common types of cases our Chinatown bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus accidents involving collisions with fixed objects or other vehicles;
- Bus rollover accidents, which can happen when going too fast around curves;
- Onboard incidents, such as slips and falls while boarding and getting thrown from your seat due to sudden stops or sharp turns;
- Bus accidents involving bicyclists, pedestrians, and people waiting at bus stops.
How Likely Is A Bus Accident In Chinatown?
According to statistics from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), close to 250 bus accidents happen in California each year. Many of these occur in the Los Angeles County area. With the amount of bus stops and traffic in Chinatown, residents here are at an increased risk. Considering the large size of most buses, impacts victims suffer have the potential to be severe. As experienced Chinatown bus accident attorneys, we help you hold those responsible accountable. Common causes of bus accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver, such as running red lights, tailgating, failure to yield, and driving while distracted or under the influence;
- Over scheduling bus drivers and trips, which makes speeding and drowsy driving-related bus accidents more likely to happen;
- Faulty parts and lack of bus maintenance, which is often a contributing factor in bus accidents;
- Negligence on the part of the bus company, for putting profits over passenger safety and for failing to properly train or monitor their employees.
What Should I Do If A Bus Accident Happens?
When any type of bus accident happens, it is important to get the name of the driver and the company they work for, as well as the route you were traveling at the time. If it involves an onboard incident, notify the driver immediately so that an accident report can be filed and follow up with the bus company after getting medical care. If it involves a major bus crash, make sure police are notified right away. Once you get medical attention for your injuries, reach out to our Chinatown bus accident attorneys. While you focus on your recovery, our legal team will focus on investigating your case. We can help determine how it happened and who is responsible. Depending on the circumstances, Harris Personal Injury Attorneys can aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements. If a reasonable amount cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against those involved. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and compensation for future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life due to bus accident injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the court may order if the bus driver or bus company’s actions were particularly willful and negligent.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Schedule A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally handle bus accident claims on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To get our legal team fighting on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown bus accident attorneys online and schedule a free consultation today.