Chinatown Train Accident Attorneys
Chinatown Train Accident Attorneys
Taking the train is a convenient way to get around Chinatown. At the same time, train accident risks are high and serious personal injuries often result. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold those at-fault accountable. As experienced Chinatown train accident attorneys, we provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for train accident victims and their families. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a consultation today.
Our Chinatown Train Accident Lawyers Act As A Strong Legal Advocate On Your Side
Whether you are a resident of Chinatown or a visitor drawn by the food, shopping, architecture, and festive atmosphere, train service offers an inexpensive and convenient way to get around. You can catch the Metro Rail Gold Line at the Chinatown station, which will carry you to points throughout Los Angeles. For longer trips, the Ventura County Line offers passengers scenic routes to cities along the coast. Whichever form of train travel you rely on, it is important to be aware of the risks. Los Angeles has a high rate of train accidents and injuries passengers suffer have the tendency to be severe. When you or someone you love is a victim, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers act as a strong legal advocate on your side. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on getting you the compensation you deserve. Cases we represent include:
- Train accidents involving collisions with other trains or vehicles;
- Crashes caused by trains jumping the tracks;
- Rollover train accidents, which can happen when going around sharp curves;
- Passenger train accidents, which can happen while boarding and due to being struck by objects or throw from your seat during a trip;
- Pedestrian and bicyclist train accidents, which often occur near train stations and tracks.
What Causes Train Accidents?
According to Department of Transportation statistics, as many as 1,000 people are killed each year as a result of train accidents while tens of thousands of others suffer serious personal injuries. 40 percent of these involve light rail trains, which are particularly common in the Los Angeles area. When train accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you determine who is responsible. Among the most common causes in cases our Chinatown train accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the train operator or engineer, such as speeding, not paying attention, and operating the train while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Lack of experience or proper certification, which increases the likelihood of dangerous mistakes and errors in judgment;
- Reckless actions of train company employees, such as failure to monitor train signals and switches;
- Lack of proper maintenance of rail cars or tracks, which makes train accidents more likely to happen;
- Negligence on the part of the train company executives, such as over scheduling drivers and not following other state or federal safety regulations.
How Do I File A Claim After A Train Accident?
Even a relatively minor train accident can result in serious personal injuries. These can keep you from working for long months while racking up major medical expenses. Why should you have to pay out of pocket for these costs when the actions of others are to blame? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team helps you hold train companies and their employees responsible through a claim. Our Chinatown train accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with the train company and their attorneys on your behalf. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to take your case to court. Compensation you may be entitled to under section 3294 of the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs. This includes your current medical bills and lost wages, as well any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This compensates you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your train accident injuries.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order. It is designed to punish train companies and their employees for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation With Our Chinatown Train Accident Attorneys Today
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover after a chance accident. To ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We generally represent clients in train accident cases on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.