Chinatown Wrongful Death Attorneys
Chinatown Wrongful Death Attorneys
The passing of a loved one is always difficult to deal with. For surviving family members, it is particularly heartbreaking to know that it could have been prevented. Wrongful death occurs due to the reckless and negligent actions of others. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold them accountable. Our experienced Chinatown wrongful death attorneys provide compassionate client support and the professional legal representation you need. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when a wrongful death occurs, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. No amount of money can ease your suffering, but a wrongful death lawsuit can provide a sense of justice. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Chinatown Wrongful Death Attorneys Represent
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 39.5 million people suffer accidental injuries each year. When these prove fatal, you have a right to hold those responsible accountable in a wrongful death claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect you in the aftermath of a wrongful death, acting as a strong and trusted legal advocate on your side. You can count on us to ensure that justice is served and that you are provided for in a way your loved one would have wanted. Cases our Chinatown wrongful death attorneys represent include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Accidents involving buses, Uber or Lyft, and other types of public transportation;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Getting struck by or against objects and other accidents that occur on someone else’s property;
- Construction site accidents;
- Accidents due to defective and dangerous products.
How Hard Is It To Prove Wrongful Death?
The Los Angeles County Department of Health reports that accidental injuries are the third leading cause of premature death in our area, claiming the lives of more than 25,000 people each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help the families of victims in these cases. Our Chinatown wrongful death attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation to determine the exact causes of your loved ones' passing while gathering the evidence needed to file a claim. Those who can be held liable in a wrongful death lawsuit include:
- Motorists, who engage in reckless driving behaviors such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or while under the influence;
- Public transportation companies, who are often guilty of negligence for over scheduling and for failing to screen or monitor their employees;
- Property owners and managers, who may have failed to properly maintain their property or provide warnings of dangerous conditions;
- Product manufacturers, who often refuse to recall defective products or provide proper instructions on use.
- Businesses, public agencies, or others involved, who engaged in reckless and negligent actions that put your loved one at risk.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand how devastating a wrongful death is. While you focus on your family during this difficult time, our Chinatown wrongful death attorneys focus on filing a lawsuit against those involved. This can help to provide a sense of justice while ensuring you get the compensation you need to cover current and future financial losses you are likely to suffer. Those who may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim under Section 377.60 of the California Civil Code include:
- Spouses or domestic partners of the victim;
- Their natural or adopted children;
- Their grandchildren they have;
- Parents, grandparents, or other immediate family members;
- Estate representatives;
- Others named in a will or otherwise entitled to inherit from the victim.
What Compensation Is Available In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Compensation available in a wrongful death lawsuit will depend on the specific circumstances involved. Our experienced Chinatown wrongful death attorneys will thoroughly review all of the details surrounding your case. At Harris Personal Injury lawyer, our legal team is dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount you deserve. Under the California Code, this may include:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs you suffer. This includes funeral expenses, outstanding medical debts, lost wages. It also compensates you for any future costs you are likely to incur, including income your loved one would have otherwise earned.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This includes the pain and suffering you and your family have endured, as well as loss of companionship and enjoyment in life due to your loved one’s passing.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent clients in wrongful death claims on a contingency basis. This means there are no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown wrongful death attorneys online to request a free consultation today.