Chinatown Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Chinatown Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Chinatown streets are typically crowded with pedestrians, consisting of both local residents and visitors sightseeing in the area. Unfortunately, motorists often fail to give proper consideration to people walking, ignoring general traffic rules and basic safety precautions. As a result, pedestrian accidents in Chinatown are common. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. can help you file a claim against the driver involved. Our experienced Chinatown pedestrian accident attorneys are dedicated to getting you the compensation you need to cover medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses you suffer. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when pedestrian accidents happen, our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Chinatown Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Provide The Professional Legal Representation You Need
Pedestrian accidents are unfortunately common in Los Angeles. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), close to 4,000 are reported throughout the downtown area each year. Considering the amount of traffic and the number of people walking to stores, eateries, and other attractions in Chinatown, residents and visitors here are at increased risk. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation victims need when pedestrian accidents occur. In the majority of cases, reckless driving behaviors on the part of motorists are to blame. Our Chinatown pedestrian accident attorneys help you hold them accountable. Among the common causes in cases we handle include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Failure to stop for red lights or stop signs;
- Failure to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting instead of focusing on the road;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Drowsy driving and falling asleep behind the wheel.
What Are Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Mapping from the Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS) shows that accidents involving pedestrians in Los Angeles have risen at alarming rates in recent years. Pedestrian accidents in Chinatown alone comprise roughly 20 percent of all crashes. These can involve motorists, motorcyclists, trucks, Ubers or Lyfts, buses, or even scooters and bicyclists. With little to protect them in collisions, injuries suffered by pedestrians have the potential to be severe. As experienced Chinatown pedestrian accident attorneys, we are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. While you focus on your recovery, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focus on holding those at-fault accountable. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Burns due to contact with hot engine parts or fluids;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body limbs or internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Injuries to the back or neck, such as herniated discs and fractured vertebrae;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprained and torn muscles or tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in permanent paralysis.
How Can I Get Compensation After A Pedestrian Accident?
When any type of pedestrian accident happens, it is important to report it immediately to the police and to seek medical attention for your injuries, regardless of your symptoms. Not doing so could impact your health and your rights in filing a pedestrian accident claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is here to help ensure pedestrian accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We aggressively negotiate with insurance companies representing the at-fault driver with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is not available or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Chinatown pedestrian accident attorneys can provide the legal representation needed in filing a lawsuit against those involved. Compensation available under Section 3294 of California Civil Code in this type of claim includes
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and compensation for future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your pedestrian accident injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly negligent manner, such as driving with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
In cases involving hit and run pedestrian accidents, we take the legal actions needed to identify the party responsible. As Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally represent clients in pedestrian accident cases on a contingency basis, there are no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today And Request a Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation you need to get compensation for pedestrian accident injuries. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.