Chinatown Car Accident Attorneys
Chinatown Car Accident Attorneys
Heavy traffic in Chinatown and throughout the city of Los Angeles creates obvious risks for drivers. Car accidents are common and can leave you and your passengers suffering serious personal injuries. When another motorist’s reckless driving behavior is to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. help you hold them accountable. Our Chinatown car accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience helping clients in the local community get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To discuss your options in filing a car accident claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Cases Our Chinatown Car Accident Attorneys Represent
Car crashes and collisions throughout the city of Los Angeles are all too common. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), they impact more than 36,000 drivers and passengers each year. As one of the most well-known neighborhoods in the area, Chinatown has a bustling local community and its many shops and eateries attract visitors from all over. Unfortunately, the heavy traffic that drivers frequently encounter as a result increases car accident risks. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can count on us to provide the trusted legal guidance you need when any type of crash or collision happens. We help you hold at-fault drivers accountable so that you can get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Common types of cases our Chinatown car accident attorneys represent include:
- Head-on car accidents, which often happen on one way streets and at freeway exits or entrances;
- Parking-related car accidents, which are common in public or private lots and in areas where on-street parking is available;
- Rear-end car accidents, which are more likely to happen during heavy traffic conditions;
- Rollover car accidents, which typically involve taller vehicles, such as Jeeps and SUVs, and are common when making turns or going around curves in the road;
- Side-impact car accidents, which frequently occur at intersections and stop signs;
- Side-swipe car accidents, which often happen as one driver attempts to pass another.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents In Chinatown?
California leads the nation when it comes to car accidents. The Insurance Information Institute (III) reports that these claim the lives of more than 3,600 people throughout the state each year and result in serious personal injuries for hundreds of thousands of others. While heavy local traffic and tie-ups on the 101 or 110 make car accidents in Chinatown more likely to occur, it is generally the reckless actions of other drivers which are ultimately to blame. When you suffer serious personal injuries as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Leading causes of crashes in cases our Chinatown car accident attorneys handle include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signs or signals;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating and improper passing;
- Distracted driving, which often involving talking on cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving and falling asleep behind the wheel.
Who Is Responsible For The Medical Expenses and Other Costs That Result From A Car Accident?
Even in a relatively minor car accident, injuries you suffer have the potential to be severe. Broken bones, sprained muscles or tendons, and injuries involving the head, back, or neck can all require extensive medical care and may take long months to recover from. When another driver’s reckless and negligent behavior is responsible, they can be held legally liable for the costs you incur as a result. Depending on the situation, you may be able to file a claim against the at-fault drivers insurance. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve in any settlements. If insurance is not available or your injuries are severe, our Chinatown car accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against those involved. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses;
- Reimbursement for current lost wages and any future losses in income or benefits due to ongoing impairments;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount awarded in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally represent clients in car accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To request a consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown car accident attorneys online today.