Chinatown Truck Accident Attorneys
Chinatown Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck accidents in Chinatown can leave victims suffering serious personal injuries. When the truck driver is to blame, you have the right to seek compensation for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses that result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. As experienced Chinatown truck accident attorneys, you can count on us to deal with trucking companies and their insurers on your behalf. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for our clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when truck accidents happen, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Chinatown Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
Chinatown streets are often bustling with truck deliveries while semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs whiz by on the 105 and 110. This high volume of truck traffic carries significant risks. According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS), our area has one of the highest numbers of truck crashes in the country. When truck accidents happen, it is generally other drivers who suffer the most severe injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyer, we help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our Chinatown truck accident attorneys represent clients in the following types of cases:
- Jackknife truck accidents, which happen when truck drivers slam on their brakes, causing the truck’s trailer to ride up alongside the cab;
- Rollover truck accidents, which often happen when trucks make turns or go too fast around curves;
- Side-swipe truck accidents, which happen when truck drivers attempt to pass other motorists.
- T-bone truck accidents, which is when a truck slams directly into the side of a vehicle, often in intersections.
- Truck accidents resulting in head-on collisions, a particularly deadly type of crash that can happen on one way streets or near freeway exits or entrances;
- Under-ride truck accidents, which happen when trucks stop suddenly, causing the motorist behind them to go completely under the trailer. Under-ride bars are required by law to prevent these types of often fatal crashes.
Who Is Responsible When A Truck Accident In Chinatown Happens?
Poor road or weather conditions, heavy traffic, and the actions of motorists can all make truck accidents more likely to happen. However, in the majority of cases, it is negligence on the part of truck drivers, the trucking company, or others involved that is ultimately responsible. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the truck driver, such as speeding and driving while distracted, drowsy, or otherwise impaired;
- Lack of proper training or experienced driving a truck, which increases the risk of potentially deadly mistakes;
- Poor loading practices, such as loose cargo, which creates obstacles and impacts other drivers, and shifting or uneven loads, which increase rollover truck accident risks.
- Improper truck maintenance, which can result in brake failures, tire blowouts, and other mechanical issues that make truck accidents more likely;
- Negligence on the part of the trucking company, such as failing to properly vet drivers, requiring overly demanding schedules, and not allowing for breaks.
How Can I Get Compensation For Truck Accident Injuries?
Whether a truck accident involves a local delivery driver or a big rig carrying loads across state, injuries you suffer have the potential to be severe. Multiple broken bones and serious back, neck, or head injuries are all common. When these occur due to negligence on the part of the truck driver or others involved, you have the right to seek compensation in a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can count on our legal team to provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation needed in this situation. We aggressively negotiate with the trucking company and their insurers on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to recover. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to take those at fault to court. Compensation available through the Los Angeles County Court includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future treatment costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for any future lost income you suffer;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your truck accident injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount awarded if the truck driver or trucking company acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
To Request A Free Consultation, Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover in a truck accident claim. To ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We generally represent these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown truck accident attorneys online today.