Chinatown Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Chinatown Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Riding a motorcycle is a convenient and cost-effective way of getting around Chinatown and the greater Los Angeles area. However, traffic from both residents and visitors drawn to local specialty stores and eateries pose significant risks. Motorcycle accidents are common and can result in serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our Chinatown motorcycle accident attorneys help you hold at-fault motorists accountable so you can get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in motorcycle accident claims. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Get Professional Legal Representation From Our Chinatown (LA) Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents happen with alarming regularity in LA. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), roughly 1,600 bikers are injured in crashes and collisions each year. The central location of Chinatown, our close proximity to the 101 and 110, and the overall amount of traffic in our area means that residents and visitors alike are an increased risk. When motorcycle accidents in Chinatown do occur, it is generally the reckless behaviors of motorists which are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable. Common causes of crashes in cases our Chinatown motorcycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which mimics many of the same effects as driving impaired.
What Are Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
The open nature of a motorcycle is part of its appeal. However, this makes motorcycles less crash-worthy than other types of vehicles, leaving motorcyclists and their passengers vulnerable. The Insurance Information Institute (III) reports that more than 5,000 people are killed in motorcycle accidents each year while close to 90,000 suffer serious personal injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. While you focus on your recovery, our Chinatown motorcycle accident attorneys focus on gathering the evidence and other information needed in your case. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in motorcycle accident cases we handle include:
- Crushing injuries, causing permanent damage to limbs and body organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scars;
- Fractured vertebrae and other injuries impacting the back or neck;
- Head injuries, including concussion, fractured skull, and other traumatic brain injuries;
- Multiple broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Muscle and tendon sprains or tears and other soft tissue injuries;
- Road rash and burn injuries due to contact with hot engine parts or fluids;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Motorcycle Accident Claim?
When a motorcycle accident in Chinatown happens, you have several options in seeking compensation. The first is to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our Chinatown motorcycle accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those responsible. This often entitles you to additional types of compensation not available through insurance. Under Section 3294 of the California Civil Code, this includes:
- Economic damages, which cover your current medical costs and lost wages while providing compensation for any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for intangible costs associated with your motorcycle accident. This includes pain, suffering, and any scarring, disfigurement, or loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in your case. It punishes at-fault drivers for actions that were particularly willful and negligent, such as driving with a high blood alcohol content.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
When motorcycle accidents in Chinatown happen, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the compensation you need to recover. We generally represent victims in motorcycle accident cases on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Before speaking with insurers or accepting a settlement that is likely less than what you need or deserve, talk to our legal team first. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown motorcycle accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.