Chinatown Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Chinatown Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike riding in Chinatown provides an inexpensive, environmentally friendly form of transportation for residents and is a great way for visitors to experience our vibrant neighborhood. However, bicycle accidents are common and can result in serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help injured victims get the compensation they need to recover. As experienced Chinatown bicycle accident attorneys, you can count on us to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to request a free consultation.
Get Professional Legal Representation From Our Chinatown Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Many local residents rely on bicycles as their primary form of transportation while visitors can easily access Metro Bike stations throughout Chinatown. Riding a bike provides a fun and convenient way to get around town, but it is important to be aware of the risks. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), roughly 2,000 bicyclists in the city of Los Angeles are injured in bicycle accidents each year. As experienced Chinatown bicycle accident attorneys, we provide the professional legal representation these victims need in filing a claim. When bike accidents happen, it is often the reckless driving behaviors of motorists that is to blame. Among the most common causes in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers handle include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Swerving into bike lanes;
- Opening car doors without checking for bicyclists first;
- Failure to yield in crosswalks and at intersections;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cell phones, texting, or changing GPS;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
What Are Common Bicycle Accident Injuries?
Each year in February Chinatown hosts the annual Firecracker Festival, one of Los Angeles’ largest group rides. Whether you are attending this and other bicycling events in the area or simply enjoy navigating the neighborhood on your own, it is important to be aware of the potential for injuries. With little to protect bicyclists in collisions with motor vehicles, bike accident injuries have the tendency to be severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. As experienced Chinatown bicycle accident attorneys, common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Broken bones;
- Burns due to contact with hot engine oil or parts;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body limbs and organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and skull fractures;
- Injuries to the back and neck, resulting in damage to discs or vertebrae;
- Injuries to muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues;
- Road rash, which can result in permanent scars;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause partial or complete paralysis.
How Do I File A Bicycle Accident Claim?
When bicycle accident injuries in Chinatown happen due to the negligent behavior of motorists, you may be able to file a claim against their insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you through the process. We gather the evidence needed in your case and aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements. If insurance is not an option or your injuries are severe, our Chinatown bicycle accident attorneys can assist you in filing a lawsuit against those responsible. This often entitles you to additional amounts not available in an insurance settlement. Compensation available under Section 3294 of the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, covering tangible costs such as your current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, compensation you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly negligent manner.
What If A Bicycle Accident Involves A Hit and Run?
The Los Angeles Police Department warns that hit and run bike accidents in our area are our common problem. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Chinatown bicycle accident attorneys take the actions needed to identify the driver so they can be held accountable. This includes:
- Gathering additional evidence from the accident scene;
- Getting more detailed statements from eyewitnesses;
- Reviewing surveillance footage from nearby stores and traffic signals;
- Visiting local mechanics, who the driver may have gone to for repairs.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we typically represent bicycle accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To get the compensation you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chinatown bicycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.