Irvine Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Irvine Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicyclists have plenty of options in Irvine. There are numerous bike paths in parks and other public places while the city maintains an extensive network of bike lanes on local roads. Unfortunately, many motorists still fail to give bicyclists the respect they deserve and are often unaware of the significant risks they face. When bike accidents involving other drivers occur, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the caring, professional legal help you need. Based on our years of experience as Irvine bicycle accident attorneys, we know the serious and potentially life-threatening injuries these accidents often result in. We help you hold at-fault motorists accountable. To discuss your case and how we can help, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Our Irvine Bicycle Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
While plenty of people enjoy cycling in and around Irvine, conditions on local roads and those throughout the state are still less than accommodating. According to statistics from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Orange County ranks within the top ten most dangerous places for bicyclists compared to other areas in the state. Over a six-year period, close to 9,000 bicyclists in our immediate area were injured in bike accidents. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that in the majority of cases, it is the reckless actions of other drivers on the road which are ultimately to blame. As experienced Irvine bicycle accident attorneys, we hold at-fault drivers accountable for the following types of behaviors, which are common contributing factors in bike accidents:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs;
- Aggressive driving, such as following bicyclists too closely or failing to yield;
- Distracted driving, which can cause drivers to swerve into bike lanes;
- Sudden or jerky movements on the road, which do not give bicyclists time to respond;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, which is a leading cause of bicycle
How Can I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries?
Bicyclists are vulnerable road users and severe injuries often result from bike accidents involving other motorists. These include torn muscles and tendons, severe lacerations, road rash, broken bones, and severe back, neck, head, and facial injuries. When these or other injuries occur, the driver can be held liable in a claim. Under Section 16020 of the California Vehicle Code, drivers can be held financially responsible when their actions cause injuries to others, including bicyclists. As experienced Irvine bicycle accident attorneys, we can guide you in filing a claim against the driver’s insurer. While insurance representatives are notorious for denying or downplaying these claims, we have the legal skills needed to negotiate a settlement. If the at fault driver lacks insurance or an appropriate offer is not made, we will not hesitate to take the at fault driver to court. Damages you may be entitled to in a lawsuit include:
- Medical expenses, covering current costs and any ongoing treatments or physical therapy you require;
- Lost wages, including future losses in income in the event of lingering disabilities;
- Pain and suffering, which is designed to compensate you for the mental anguish and loss of enjoyment in life you or your family suffer;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount meant to punish the driver for particularly willful and negligent conduct.
What If My Bicycle Accident Was A Hit and Run?
In some situations involving bicycle accidents, drivers may attempt to flee the scene. This can be due to panic over the accident, lack of a driver’s license, insurance, or valid registration, or due to outstanding warrants. Despite their attempts to avoid responsibility for their actions, our Irvine bicycle accident attorneys can help bring them to justice. Actions our legal team take to locate hit and run drivers include:
- Obtaining information on the vehicle from eyewitnesses at the scene;
- Reviewing recordings from nearby traffic signals or building security tapes to obtain their license plate number;
- Working with law enforcement in seeking the public’s help in apprehending the suspect;
- Interviewing local mechanics and auto parts supplies, where the suspect may have gone to get their vehicle fixed.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we track down drivers responsible for bicycle accidents and making them pay. Our top case results show a proven record of success in obtaining settlements and awards worth millions of dollars for clients.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
Bicycle accidents can have long-ranging impacts on your health, your financial well being, and your overall enjoyment of life. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we hold at-fault drivers accountable. To discuss your bike accident and how we can help you get the compensation you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Irvine bicycle accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.