Irvine Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere. When they do, victims often feel embarrassed and downplay the incident, but serious personal injuries can occur as a result. You may be tempted to blame yourself but at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we know that it is often the reckless actions of others which are ultimately responsible. When property owners fail to properly maintain the premises or warn visitors of potential dangers, they can be held liable in a slip and fall claim. As Irvine slip and fall accident attorneys, we help clients get the compensation they are entitled to. To discuss your case and your rights in filing a claim, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
When Accidents Occur, Our Irvine Slip and Fall Attorneys Are Here To Help
Slip and fall injuries are no minor matter. As one of the leading causes of death and disability, the National Safety Council (NSC) warns that these injuries send close to 10 million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. While often referred to as ‘accidents’, the reality is that slips and falls are generally due to the reckless and negligent actions of property owners. At Harris Personal Injury Law, we help slip and fall victims recoup the cost of medical expenses, lost income, and other losses they suffer. As experienced Irvine slip and fall attorneys, we aggressively defend your rights to compensation when injuries occur as a result of the following:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Uneven walkways;
- Loose carpeting and broken floor tiles;
- Cluttered aisles;
- Poorly maintained landscaping;
- A lack of proper lighting;
- Lack of handrails on stairs and at heights.
What Kinds Of Injuries Are Common With Slip and Fall Accidents?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that while children and older adults are particularly susceptible, serious slip and fall injuries can happen to people of all ages. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, common types of slip and fall injuries suffered by clients we represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Damage to the spinal cord or column;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
As experienced Irvine slip and fall attorneys, we understand the long term impacts these injuries can have on your health, your financial security, and your emotional well-being. Slip and fall injuries may prevent you from working or engaging in hobbies and activities you previously enjoyed while requiring ongoing medical care for years to come.
How Can I Get Compensation For Slip and Fall Injuries?
Slip and fall accidents can occur at private residences or business establishments. They happen frequently in grocery stores, hotels, office buildings, restaurants, and retail establishments. When the underlying cause is negligence on the part of the property owner or manager, our Irvine slip and fall attorneys help you hold them accountable. Under the California Civil Code, property owners can be found negligent for failing to properly address dangerous conditions and for failing to notify visitors that the condition exists. You have two general options in seeking compensation:
- File a claim with the property owner’s insurance company: Whether a slip and fall happen at a private home or public place, the property owner likely has insurance to cover the costs. However, be cautious in making statements to insurance representatives or signing any documents, as these companies are notorious for denying or undervaluing claims.
- File a premises liability lawsuit: Our legal team can negotiate with insurers on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can assist you in taking the at fault property owner to court.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Slip and Fall Claim?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that injuries sustained in slip and fall accidents have the potential to impact you for years into the future. We are dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to, whether through an insurance settlement or a premises liability lawsuit. Common types of losses that will factor into your claim include:
- Current medical costs and future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Lost wages and future losses in earnings due to lingering disabilities;
- The pain and suffering your slip and fall accident caused, both to you and to your family members.
While the exact amount will vary based on the circumstances in your particular situation, check out our top case results page to see settlement and jury award amounts we have obtained for other clients
To Schedule A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we work on a contingency basis, meaning there are no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To discuss how we can help in your slip and fall claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Irvine slip and falls attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.