Irvine Train Accident Attorneys
Irvine Train Accident Attorneys
Residents of Irvine who regularly rely on the Metrolink are likely to think that is safer than driving an automobile. The reality is train accidents are common throughout our area and can happen in a variety of ways. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we aggressively represent the rights of people injured in these accidents. As experienced Irvine train accident attorneys, we are dedicated to holding train operators and the companies they work for accountable, so that victims can get the compensation they are entitled to for their injuries. If you have been in a train accident, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Cases Our Irvine Train Accident Attorneys Represent
For passengers throughout South Orange County, Irvine Station is a hub of activity, providing Metrolink and Amtrak rail services to millions of people each year. While passengers often complain about long wait lines and schedule delays, few are aware of the more serious risks they face. At Harris Personal Injury Law, we know how common train accidents are and the serious injuries they result in. In addition to impacting passengers, they can also affect pedestrians, bicyclists, and automobile drivers who are anywhere near the station or the tracks. With our decades worth of experience as Irvine train accident attorneys, we help clients get the compensation they need to recover when injuries occur as a result of the following:
- Train crashes, involving other trains, vehicles, or objects;
- Train track-related accidents, which can seriously injure innocent pedestrians and other nearby;
- Platform accidents, which occur regularly in train stations;
- Onboard accidents, in which passengers are struck by objects or thrown from their seats;
- Train derailments, which are one of the most serious and potentially deadly types of train accidents.
What Causes Train Accidents In Irvine?
According to statistics from the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), California has one of the highest rates for train accidents in the country. More than 60 crashes and collisions occur annually throughout the state. As the number of people turning to train travel continues to increase, so do the number of train accidents which occur each year. They can often be attributed to the following causes:
- Reckless behaviors on the part of the train conductor, such as going too fast for conditions, failing to pay proper attention, or being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Errors and lack of proper training on the part of engineers, conductors, signal workers, stewards, or other train company employees;
- Mechanical failures due to faulty parts and a lack of proper maintenance;
- Train company policies, such as overcrowding passengers, over-scheduling arrivals or departures, and insisting on overly demanding worker schedules.
When you suffer injuries as a result of any of the above, our Irvine train accident attorneys help you hold those at fault accountable.
How Can An Irvine Train Accident Attorney Help Me?
Our Irvine train accident attorneys will carefully review all aspects of your case as we begin gathering evidence. This includes train accident reports, security tapes, eyewitness accounts, and statements from your doctor regarding your injuries and your prognosis for recovery. As big businesses, train companies have teams of attorneys and insurers working on their side, with the goal of denying or downplaying your claim. This is why you need our legal team on yours. We aggressively negotiate on your behalf, reviewing any offers made to ensure they cover your current costs and any future losses you are likely to incur. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to get you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Claim For Train Accident Injuries?
The amount of money your train accident claim is worth will vary based on how it occurred, who is ultimately responsible, and the extent of the injuries you suffer. Depending on whether you settle through an insurance claim or take the train company to court, the compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs, such as current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages, which cover more intangible losses, such as the pain, suffering, and mental anguish your train accident resulted in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the train company or conductor acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our top case results include settlements worth millions of dollars. Before accepting less than what you are entitled to in your claim, speak with our Irvine train accident attorneys first.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation
When train accidents leave you suffering serious injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold train companies and their employees accountable. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Irvine train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.