Irvine Wrongful Death Attorneys
Irvine Wrongful Death Attorneys
Dealing with the death of a loved one is never easy. It is particularly difficult when their loss could have been prevented. Accidental injuries caused by the careless actions of others can prove fatal for the victim, leaving surviving family members heartbroken. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold those at fault accountable. As Irvine wrongful death attorneys, we provide the compassionate client service and professional legal representation you need when faced with this type of tragedy. While no amount of money will ease your pain, filing a lawsuit can provide a sense of justice. To find out how we can help in your particular case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Irvine Wrongful Death Attorneys Help You Get Justice For Your Loved One
Accidents are a common occurrence and can happen in a variety of situations. Unfortunately, they can leave innocent people involved with severe and life-threatening injuries. According to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), accidental injuries are the third leading cause of death in the United States, claiming the lives of nearly 200,000 people each year. While there may not have been the intent to cause anyone harm, the fact is that accidents typically happen due to the reckless actions of others. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we make sure those at fault are held responsible, both for any wrongdoing and for the consequences you and your family suffer as a result. Our Irvine wrongful death attorneys represent survivors of people who lost their lives in the following types of cases:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents;
- Accidents involving ride-shares or public transit systems;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Getting struck by or against objects;
- Premises liability cases;
- Product liability claims;
- Accidents that happen during sports or recreational activities.
Who Is Responsible When Someone You Love Suffers Fatal Injuries?
While there are often numerous contributing factors that play a role in fatal accidents, it is generally the reckless and negligent actions of others that are ultimately to blame. As experienced Irvine wrongful death attorneys, our legal team will conduct a thorough investigation, reviewing accident reports, eye witness statements, and other evidence from the scene to determine who is ultimately at fault. Those who may be liable in a claim include:
- Drivers engaged in reckless and illegal behaviors: When other drivers engage in reckless behaviors such as speeding, running red lights, and driving while distracted or impaired, they can be held accountable for life-threatening injuries that occur as a result.
- Property owners: When property owners fail to properly maintain the premises or warn others of potentially dangerous conditions, they can be held responsible when fatal injuries occur.
- Product manufacturers: When defective and dangerous products are responsible for someone's death, the manufacturer can be held liable. Design flaws, lack of safety protections, and failing to provide proper instructions or warnings may all play a role.
- Others involved or in any way responsible for an accident: Everyone from individual employees to management staff and business owners can be held accountable when policies they put in place fail to protect you or your family members, resulting in wrongful death.
What Types of Compensation Are Available in A Claim?
Filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the people or companies responsible for your loved one’s death can provide some small satisfaction and may help you through the grieving process. It can also provide you with the compensation you need to cover current costs and any expenses you are likely to incur in the future. Under Section 377.60 of the California Code, when a death occurs due to the negligent actions of others, survivors such as the parents, spouse, children, and others who have a share in their estate may be entitled to damages in a wrongful death claim. These include:
- Coverage of outstanding medical expenses;
- Funeral costs and other final arrangements;
- Lost wages and benefits your loved one’s death will result in;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and loss of companionship;
- Punish damages, which are meant to punish particularly willful and negligent behavior.
As experienced Irvine wrongful death attorneys, our goal is to get you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. Check out our top case results page to see settlements and jury awards we have obtained for clients in similar cases.
To Request, a Free Consultation, Reach Our and Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we are dedicated to protecting the family members of victims in fatal accidents. Our goal is to provide justice for your loved one and to ensure you get the compensation you need to provide for your family now and in the years to come. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Irvine wrongful death attorneys online and request a free consultation to discuss your situation and how we can help you today.