Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys
Sharing the road with 18 wheelers, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs can make even the most experienced driver nervous. With two interstates and other major highways running through Irvine, trucks are something local motorists regularly contend with. Unfortunately, the more trucks on the road, the greater chance there is for truck accidents. When these happen, our Irvine truck accident attorneys can help you get the compensation you need to recover. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the experienced, aggressive legal representation you need when filing claims against truck drivers and the companies they work for. To schedule a free consultation, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Common Types of Truck Accidents Our Irvine Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports California has one of the highest rates for truck accidents in the country. Drivers in Irvine are among those most at risk. An average of one person each month is killed in truck accidents in Irvine and other areas throughout Orange County. Hundreds more suffer serious and potentially life-threatening injuries each year. The massive size and bulk of commercial vehicles offers truck drivers some protection and it is often other motorists who suffer the most harm in truck accidents. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team helps victims and their families get the compensation they need to recover in these cases. As experienced truck accident attorneys in Irvine, we represent clients when the following types of crashes occur:
- Jackknife accidents: These happen when truck drivers brake too hard, causing the trailer to come up alongside the cab at a 90-degree angle.
- Rollover accidents: These can occur due to uneven cargo or taking turns and curves in the road too fast.
- Sideswipe crashes: These accidents often happen when drivers make wide turns.
- Rear-end collisions: These are common at intersections or when truck drivers are distracted or tailgating others on the road.
- Under-Ride accidents: Sudden braking can cause motorists to slam into or even under the back of the truck.
- Head-on collisions: These occur frequently on one-way streets and at highway entrance or exit ramps.
- T-bone accidents: These are generally caused by truckers running red lights or failing to yield at intersections.
- Tire blow-outs: These happen suddenly and can set off a chain reaction, impacting multiple drivers on the road.
Spilled cargo is also a common cause of truck accidents. This can impact other motorists and people throughout the community, particularly if the truck is carrying hazardous materials.
How Can I Get Compensation For Injuries Suffered Due To Truck Accidents?
When truck accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you in holding the truck driver and the company they work for accountable in a claim. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that truck accidents can generally be traced to one of the following reasons:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver, such as speeding, disregarding traffic signs or signals, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of proper training, which can cause the truck driver to improperly load and secure cargo or make navigational errors;
- Lack of proper truck maintenance, which increases the risks of tire blow-outs, brake failures, and other dangerous mishaps;
- Poor trucking company policies, such as requiring drivers to work too many shifts or refusing breaks on the road, which increases the likelihood of truck accidents and injuries.
How Much Am I Entitled To In An Irvine Truck Accident Claim?
Under the California Statutes, you are entitled to compensation for injuries suffered in truck accidents caused by drivers and the companies they work for. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can negotiate on your behalf in insurance claims while also advising you on your rights in a lawsuit in the event a settlement cannot be reached. The exact amount of your claim will depend on the situation and the severity of your injuries. Types of compensation available include:
- Economic damages: These are for actual costs such as medical expenses and lost wages you suffer, now and in the years to come.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as pain and suffering or the toll truck accident injuries have taken on your family and your ability to enjoy life.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order to punish particularly reckless and negligent conduct on the part of the truck driver or the company they work for.
As experienced truck accident attorneys in Irvine, we are dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to. Check out our case results to see some of the settlements we have been able to obtain for our other clients.
To Schedule A Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys on their side, defending them against claims. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on yours. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Irvine truck accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.