Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
Irvine Bus Accident Attorneys
Buses offer a convenient and cost-effective alternative to driving for Irvine residents. Taking the bus offers advantages in terms of relieving traffic congestion and allowing you to relax or focus on other tasks during your commute. The downside is the risks you face in the event of an accident. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent clients injured due to bus crashes and other types of mishaps. We know first hand the serious injuries that can result. As Irvine bus accident attorneys, we provide the professional legal representation you need when filing a claim so that you can get the maximum amount you need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Irvine Bus Accident Protects Your Rights When Filing a Claim
Irvine offers plenty of options in terms of bus service. In addition to the Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA), there is also a local iShuttle service offered through Irvine Transportation Network. Ridership has skyrocketed over the past several years due to the high costs of car maintenance, gasoline, and parking fees. Unfortunately, the increase in ridership and new routes has resulted in a corresponding increase in bus accidents. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation bus accident victims need in seeking compensation. As experienced Irvine bus accident attorneys, we protect the rights of clients in claims involving the following:
- Bus crashes caused by the actions of the driver;
- Bus collisions where other motorists involved may have been at fault;
- Bus accidents caused by vehicle malfunctions and lack of proper maintenance;
- Accidents and injuries which occur at bus stops and stations;
- Dangerous mishaps that occur on board, often due to overcrowding and conflicts with other passengers.
What Causes Bus Accidents To Happen?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), close to 70,000 bus accidents occur throughout the United States each year. With the number of buses traveling in and out of our area regularly, riders in Irvine are at an increased risk. When bus accidents happen, they can often be traced back to one of the following causes:
- Reckless driving behaviors: Drivers who engage in behaviors such as speeding, aggressive driving, and driving distracted or under the influence put passengers at risk.
- Bus company policies: When bus companies fail to manage routes and schedule property or fail to give drivers proper breaks and days off, it increases the risk of bus accidents.
- Lack of proper maintenance: Bus crashes can happen when mechanics make mistakes or fail to properly inspect tires, brakes, and other crucial parts.
- Defects in bus design, manufacturing, or parts: Errors in design and safety flaws increase the likelihood of bus accident injuries.
Other common bus accident causes include motorists who engage in reckless behavior and fail to give buses the space they need, as well as bus passengers who behave in an unruly or dangerous way on board.
Who Can Be Held Responsible For My Injuries In A Bus Accident?
Considering the large size of buses, the number of people they carry, and the general lack of safety precautions for passengers, injuries suffered in bus crashes and other mishaps tend to be severe. Common types of injuries suffered by clients our Irvine bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle sprains, strains, and tears;
- Serious lacerations, burns, or puncture wounds;
- Crushing injuries causing internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae;
- Head injuries, such as concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries can leave you suffering temporary or permanent paralysis.
When any of the above occurs, our legal team can help you hold those at fault accountable. This includes bus drivers, bus companies, mechanics, other motorists, passengers, bus manufacturers or anyone else who may have played a role.
Why Do I Need an Irvine Bus Accident Attorney
When bus accidents happen, the bus company has teams of attorneys on their side ready to defend them and their employees. To protect your rights to compensation, it is important to get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. As experienced Irvine bus accident attorneys, we conduct thorough investigations, gathering evidence in support of your claim. We can negotiate on your behalf with insurers to help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement. In the event a reasonable agreement cannot be reached, we can file a lawsuit against the at-fault parties seeking compensation for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you suffer. Our top case results reflect our skill in obtaining sizeable settlements and jury awards for our clients.
To Request a Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
When bus accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the aggressive, experienced legal representation you need to get compensation for your injuries. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Irvine bus accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.