Irvine Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Irvine Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents are common in Irvine and can happen when you are walking to work, school, or simply taking a stroll through your neighborhood. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we know that the injuries suffered as a result are often severe. As experienced Irvine pedestrian accident attorneys, we provide the comprehensive client service and aggressive legal representation that you need to protect your rights in filing a claim. Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Irvine Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Hold At-Fault Drivers Accountable
California has one of the highest rates of pedestrian accidents in the country and residents of our area are at an increased risk. According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), an average of more than four people each month are involved in pedestrian accidents in Irvine, suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims in these accidents get the compensation they need to recover. Our Irvine pedestrian accident attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need in cases such as the following:
- Pedestrian accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles;
- Pedestrian accidents involving buses, trains, and other public transit systems;
- Collisions involving scooters, bicyclists, and moped users;
- Pedestrian crosswalk accidents;
- Accidents that occur as a result of poor road designs and malfunctioning traffic signals;
- Hit and run pedestrian accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents where ride-sharing drivers and other commercial vehicles are to blame.
Common Reasons Behind Pedestrian Accidents in Irvine
Pedestrian accidents in our area have steadily increased over the last several decades. The Governor’s Highway Safety Association (GHSA) claims that while increased traffic and poor road infrastructure are often factors, it is generally the reckless actions of others which are ultimately to blame. As experienced Irvine pedestrian accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold those responsible for your injuries accountable. Common causes of pedestrian accidents in cases we represent include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Failure to stop at crosswalks;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving behavior, such as tailgating and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
How Can I Get Compensation For Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we see firsthand the serious and often life-threatening injuries pedestrian accidents cause. As experienced Irvine pedestrian accident attorneys, our legal team is dedicated to helping victims get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of injuries suffered by pedestrian accident victims often include:
- Severe cuts, deep lacerations, and extensive bruising;
- Burns caused by contact with rough road surfaces and hot engine oils or parts;
- Torn muscles or tendons and dislocated joints;
- Crushing injuries causing damage to internal organs;
- Back and neck injuries, impacting discs, vertebrae, and spinal cord;
- Head injuries resulting in concussions, traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and other conditions that can cause permanent impairments.
When these types of injuries impact you or a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in seeking compensation. If the at-fault party has insurance, you may be able to file a claim against their policy. However, in cases of for-profit businesses, insurance companies have financial incentive to deny or downplay the amount offered in settlements. You may also be entitled to compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. This is often the best course of action as it can entitle you to additional types of compensation.
Can an Irvine Pedestrian Accident Attorney Help Me and How Much Will it Cost?
While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Irvine pedestrian accident attorney will focus on getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. We negotiate with insurers on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. If insurance is unavailable or a reasonable amount cannot be reached, we can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Damages you may be entitled to include:
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses;
- Lost income and future losses in earnings due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you suffer as a result of your injuries.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency basis. You pay no attorney’s fees unless we get money for you. To see settlements we have obtained for other clients, check out our top case results page.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request a Free Consultation
When pedestrian accidents leave you with serious personal injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive representation you need to hold those at fault accountable. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Irvine pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.