Irvine Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
Irvine Brain Injury Attorneys
Bumps, blows, or jolts to the head are a serious matter and can cause major disruptions to the neural pathways in the brain. With symptoms that are often subtle, victims may not even be aware that they suffered a brain injury. Unfortunately, the impacts they experience as a result could affect them and their families for the rest of their lives. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of clients in these types of cases. As experienced Irvine brain injury attorneys, you can count on us to provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation you need to get the compensation you deserve. To find out how we can help in your case, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Types of Cases Our Irvine Brain Injury Attorneys Represent
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are one of the leading causes of death and disability in the United States. According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly three million people seek treatment for head injuries resulting in TBI each year. One of the most common types of accidental injuries, brain injuries can result from even minor bumps or blows to the head. In the majority of cases, the reckless actions of others are often to blame. As experienced Irvine brain injury attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal guidance you need in this situation. We help you hold those at fault responsible. Brain injury cases our office represents include:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bus and train accidents;
- Accident involving trucks and other commercial vehicles;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Getting struck by or against objects;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Accidents that occur on or near construction sites.
What Long Term Impacts Am I Likely To Face Due To Brain Injuries?
The brain is a complex organ. Even a minor jolt or bump on the head can cause major disruptions, impacting every area of your life. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) warns that long term disabilities often result from brain injuries, depending on how the injury occurred, the area of the brain affected, and the victim’s age and overall health. Impacts brain injury victims may experience include:
- Cognitive disruptions, which impact your judgment, memory and reasoning abilities;
- Sensory impairments, impacting your sense of sight, smell, taste, and hearing;
- Communications problems, making it more difficult to put thoughts into words or understand what is being said;
- Emotional disturbances, resulting in dramatic changes in personality, increased anxiety or depression, and fits of rage;
- Physical impairments, which can disrupt your sense of balance and your ability to eat, sleep, or perform other body functions.
When you or a loved one faces the possibility of these types of impairments, our Irvine brain injury attorneys act as a strong ally on your side. Let us help you get the compensation you need to recover.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Brain Injury Claim?
Whenever an accident occurs and a head or brain injury is suspected, you need to seek medical attention immediately. Failing to do so could jeopardize your health, as well as your rights in filing a brain injury claim. Under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code, you may be entitled to compensation if the ultimate cause of your brain injuries was another person’s reckless and negligent actions. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can guide you in the options available. Depending on the situation, you may be able to seek compensation through the at-fault party’s insurer. As experienced Irvine brain injury attorneys, we can negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If an insurance policy is not available or an appropriate settlement cannot be reached, our legal team can advise you on your rights in filing a personal injury lawsuit. Damages you may be entitled to include:
- Current medical expenses and future costs, including diagnostic testing, treatment, follow up care, and physical rehabilitation;
- Lost wages and future losses in income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and mental anguish your accident or injuries caused and the loss of enjoyment in life you and your family experience as a result.
In handling these types of claims, it is important to be aware that our Irvine brain injury attorneys charge no legal fees unless we get money for you. Our top case results reveal our success in obtaining settlements worth millions of dollars for previous clients suffering from brain injuries.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Speak With Our Irvine Brain Injury Attorneys Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide compassionate, caring legal service and aggressive representation to victims and their families in cases involving brain injuries. To find out how we can assist you in obtaining the compensation you deserve, reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Irvine brain injury attorney online to request a free consultation today.