Merced Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Merced Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus service in Merced makes getting around easy. Whether you rely on it as a primary means of transportation or for occasional trips, it is important to be aware of the risks. Bus accidents happen in a variety of ways and can result in serious personal injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Our experienced Merced bus accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experienced representing clients in our community. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your call and our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Merced Bus Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights In Filing A Claim
Public transportation in Merced includes The Bus, which carries residents throughout the city, and CatTracks, which is the official provider for the University of California at Merced. Other options are available to take you to nearby counties or to destinations across the country. Unfortunately, few people who rely on these services realize how frequently accidents happen.
When bus accidents occur in our area, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the aggressive legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our Merced bus accident attorneys protect the rights of clients who suffer serious injuries as a result of the following:
- Bus crashes involving other motorists;
- Bus accidents caused by collisions between the bus and fixed objects;
- Bus rollover accidents, which can happen when making turns or going around curves in the road;
- Onboard accidents; such as slips and falls that happen during the boarding process or getting struck by objects during your trip;
- Bus station accidents, which can happen while waiting for the bus;
- Bus stop accidents, which can impact passengers as well as nearby pedestrians and bicyclists.
What Causes Bus Accidents?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that more than 60,000 bus accidents happen each year. They are particularly common in California. With the high number of people taking the bus in Merced, residents are at increased risk. Adverse road, weather, and traffic conditions are often contributing causes, but it is generally the reckless actions of others involved that are ultimately to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold those at fault for bus accidents accountable. Common causes in cases our Merced bus accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless driving behavior on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of proper training and certification, which can result in dangerous driving errors;
- Lack of proper bus maintenance, which increases the odds a bus accident will occur;
- Negligence on the part of the bus company, such as over scheduling and failing to properly vet drivers or maintain their fleet.
How Do I Get Compensation For Bus Accident Injuries?
Even a seemingly minor bus accident or onboard mishap can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. These can impact your ability to work while resulting in a mountain of medical expenses. Why should you have to suffer for something that was not your fault? When the reckless and negligent actions of others are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers makes them pay.
As experienced Merced bus accident attorneys, we can thoroughly investigate your case to determine who is responsible. Our legal team can guide you in filing an insurance claim against the bus company, aggressively negotiating with representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements.
If your injuries are severe or an agreeable settlement cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against the bus company as well as the driver involved. Common types of compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs. They include your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future costs due to ongoing disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: These compensate you for intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your bus accident injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount that may be awarded by the judge in cases where the bus driver or the company they work for acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Keep in mind that at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we typically represent clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Bus companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them against claims. Get our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on yours. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced bus accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.