Merced Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Merced Truck Accident Attorneys
Large trucks can be intimidating to other motorists on the road and for good reason. When truck accidents happen, they can leave you suffering serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, we help victims in truck accident cases get the compensation they need to recover in a claim.
Our Merced truck accident attorneys have decades worth of experience representing local residents. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when truck accidents happen and our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Aggressive Legal Representation From Our Merced Truck Accident Attorneys
Residents of Merced rely on truckers to provide items they use on a regular basis and to haul produce grown on local farms. Unfortunately, with three major state routes running throughout the area, truck accidents in Merced occur on a regular basis.
The Insurance Insitute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that the massive size and bulk of most big rigs serves to protect the truck driver. It is generally other motorists involved in truck accidents that suffer the most serious harm. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation truck accident victims and their families need. Cases our Merced truck accident attorneys commonly handle include:
- Head-on truck accidents, which often happen at highway exit and entrance ramps;
- Jackknife truck accidents, in which the truck trailer rides up at a 180-degree angle alongside the cab, generally due to the truck driver going too fast around curves or slamming on their brakes;
- Rear-end collisions, which can happen when truck drivers act aggressive and tailgate other motorists;
- Rollover truck accidents, which can impact drivers in surrounding lanes;
- Sideswipe accidents, which often happen on narrow roads or when truckers attempt to pass other vehicles;
- T-bone accidents, in which a truck driver hits directly into the side of another vehicle;
- Under ride crashes, in which motorists completely underneath a truck trailer, generally due to the recklessness of the truck driver and a lack of proper safety precautions in place.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports nearly 5,000 people are killed in fatal truck accidents each year while tens of thousands of others suffer serious personal injuries. When these types of accidents happen in Merced, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers conducts a thorough investigation to determine who is to blame. Common causes in cases our Merced truck accident attorneys represent include:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, driving distracted, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of proper training or experience, which makes dangerous mistakes more likely to happen;
- Improper loading of cargo, which is a frequent factor in truck rollover crashes;
- Lack of proper truck maintenance, which can result in tire blowouts, brake failure, and other dangerous events on the road;
- Negligent truck company policies, such as over-scheduling drivers, not providing breaks, and not penalizing truck drivers for traffic infractions.
How Can I Get Compensation For Truck Accident Injuries?
Truck accidents can cause serious injuries that prevent you from working while requiring medical care for years to come. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal advocate on the side of truck accident victims. While you focus on your recovery, our Merced truck accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
When truck accidents occur due to the negligence of truck drivers or the companies they work, our legal team provides the professional legal representation needed to hold them accountable. We aggressively negotiate with trucking companies and their insurers so that you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in any settlements. In cases where your injuries are severe or an agreeable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to take those at-fault to court. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in earnings due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your truck accident injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered in cases where the truck driver or the trucking company acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we typically represent truck accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold negligent drivers and trucking companies accountable when truck accident injuries impact you or a loved one. To get our team on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced truck accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.