Merced Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Merced Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicyclists are among the most vulnerable road users. Injuries suffered in bicycle accidents are often severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the trusted legal representation bike accident victims and their families need. Our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a bicycle accident claim.
Our Merced bicycle accident attorneys have decades of combined experience representing bicyclists in our community and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help in your case. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a consultation today.
Our Merced Bicycle Accident Attorneys Are Here To Help You
Bicycling is a fun hobby, an excellent way to stay physically fit, and an inexpensive form of transportation for residents of Merced. Unfortunately, it also exposes you to certain risks. According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), an average of more than four bicyclists per month are involved in bicycle accidents, ranking Merced in the top ten compared to similarly-sized cities across the state.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are here to help when bicycle accidents impact you or a loved one. Generally, it is the reckless actions of motorists that are to blame. As experienced Merced bicycle accident attorneys, we hold at-fault drivers accountable. Common causes of bicycle accidents in cases we represent include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights or stop signs;
- Opening car doors without checking for bicyclists in opposing lanes;
- Cutting off bicyclists when making turns;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
How Serious Are Bicycle Accident Injuries?
With little to protect bicyclists in collisions involving motor vehicles, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that bicycle accident injuries have the potential to be severe. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Merced bicycle accident attorneys handle include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as strained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Road rash and burn injuries;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Back and neck injuries; such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Crushing injuries, resulting in damage to body limbs and internal organs;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
Even in a seemingly minor bicycle accident, you could be facing months of lost wages, mountains of medical expenses, and potentially permanent disabilities. While you focus on your recovery, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
How Do I File A Bicycle Accident Claim?
You have several options in seeking compensation for bicycle accident injuries. The first is to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf, ensuring you get the maximum amount in any settlements.
If the at-fault driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, our Merced bicycle accident attorneys can assist you in filing a personal injury lawsuit. Damages you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs associated with your bicycle accident. This includes your current medical costs and lost wages, as well as any future expenses due to ongoing disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If My Bicycle Accident Was A Hit and Run?
The American Automobile Association (AAA) warns that it is common for drivers to flee the scene in the aftermath of a bicycle accident. In addition to trying to dodge financially responsibility, common reasons behind hit and runs include:
- The driver is unlicensed or driving without valid registration;
- They have issues concerning citizenship status;
- They have warrants for their arrest;
- They were intoxicated at the time of the accident.
You can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to take the actions needed to identify hit and run drivers. As our Merced bicycle accidents typically work on a contingency basis, there are no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today and Request a Free Consultation
When bicycle accidents happen, you can trust Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced bicycle accident attorneys online today and request a free consultation.