Merced Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Merced Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents in Merced can happen to even the safest and most experienced drivers. Unfortunately, injuries you suffer as a result have the potential to be severe. In the majority of cases, it is the reckless actions of others on the road which are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the aggressive legal representation needed to hold them accountable, so you can get compensation in a claim.
As experienced Merced car accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help victims. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Cases Our Merced Car Accident Attorneys Represent
Merced has one of the highest car accident rates in California. According to the Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), crashes result in serious and potentially life-threatening injuries for roughly 700 people in our area each year. This ranks us as number one in terms of car accident dangers, compared to more than 100 other, similarly-sized cities.
While road, traffic, and weather conditions can play a role in these crashes, the underlying cause is generally the reckless behavior of other motorists. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we conduct a thorough investigation into your car accident to determine who can be held accountable. Common types of cases our Merced car accident attorneys handle include:
- Speed related car accidents, in which drivers exceed local limits or drive too fast for conditions;
- Accidents involving traffic violations, such as red-light running and disregarding other traffic signs or signals;
- Distracted driving car accidents, such as when drivers make calls, text, or engage in other activities while behind the wheel;
- Aggressive driving car accidents, which involve tailgating, failure to yield, improper passing, and other aggressive behaviors;
- Impaired driving car accidents, in which drivers are under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving accidents, in which being excessively fatigued can mimic the same types of impacts as drunk driving and may cause the driver to fall asleep behind the wheel.
What Are Common Car Accident Injuries?
According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), car accidents are one of the leading causes of death and disability in the United States. Even a relatively minor crash can leave you suffering serious injuries that prevent you from working while requiring ongoing medical care.
While you focus on your recovery, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to. Common types of injuries suffered by clients our Merced car accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle and tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, fractured vertebrae, and herniated discs;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
How Do I File A Car Accident Claim?
When you suffer car accident injuries, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. There are generally two options available:
- File a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer: As experienced Merced car accident attorneys, we aggressively negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount in any settlements.
- File a personal injury lawsuit against the driver: If the driver is uninsured or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you file a lawsuit against them.
Filing a personal injury lawsuit through the Merced County Civil Court often entitles you to additional types of compensation not available through insurers. In addition to coverage of your current medical costs, lost wages, and any future expenses due to long term disabilities, a lawsuit can also compensate you for the pain and suffering your car accident injuries resulted in. Depending on the circumstances, the judge in your case may also award punitive damages. This is an additional amount meant to punish the at-fault driver for particularly reckless and willful behavior.
What If My Car Accident Was A Hit and Run?
When a hit and run accident happens, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers take the actions needed to identify those responsible. This includes:
- Getting a description of the driver from witnesses;
- Obtaining nearby surveillance footage, which can help identify the vehicle;
- Working with law enforcement to solicit tips from the general public;
- Talking to local mechanics, where the driver may have gone for repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we generally represent car accident cases on a contingency basis. You pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced car accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.