Merced Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Merced Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
For pedestrians, the reckless actions of drivers can result in serious personal injuries. You should not have to pay out of pocket for medical expenses and lost wages you suffer as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims hold at-fault drivers accountable in a claim. Our Merced pedestrian accident attorneys have decades worth of combined experience representing people throughout our community. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Aggressive Legal Representation From Our Merced Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
For local residents and the large number of college students in our area, walking provides a way to stay fit and a means of transportation. Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents in Merced occur on a regular basis. Compared to other, similarly-sized cities, the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) ranks Merced in the top ten in terms of pedestrian accident risks. When pedestrian accidents do occur, it is generally due to the reckless actions of motorists involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need to hold them accountable in a claim. Common causes in cases our Merced pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding other traffic signs or signals;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as not yielding at crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or medications.
What Are Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Statistics from the City of Merced indicate that as many as 60 people visit hospital emergency rooms in the area as a result of pedestrian accident injuries each year. With little to protect them in collisions involving motor vehicles, the injuries pedestrians suffer have the potential to be severe. Among the most common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Merced pedestrian accident attorneys handle include:
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Torn muscles or tendons and other types of soft tissue injuries;
- Road rash and burns due to contact with hot engine oils or parts;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body limbs and internal organs;
- Head injuries, such as concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
The medical bills associated with even minor pedestrian accident injuries can run into tens of thousands of dollars. Rather than having to pay out of your own pocket for an accident that was not your fault, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help make at-fault drivers pay instead.
How Do I File A Pedestrian Accident Claim?
When a pedestrian accident happens, you may be able to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team negotiates with insurers on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount in a settlement. In cases where the driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, our Merced pedestrian accident attorneys can file a personal injury lawsuit. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of your current medical bills and any testing, treatment, or follow up costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for your lost wages and any future losses in income you are likely to suffer due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering your pedestrian accident caused, as well as for any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
In some cases, you may also be entitled to punitive damages. This is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If A Pedestrian Accident Is A Hit and Run?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we typically represent clients in pedestrian accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. In hit and run cases, our Merced pedestrian accident attorneys can take the swift legal actions needed to identify the driver and hold them accountable. This includes:
- Talking to witnesses at the scene, who may be able to provide a description of the driver;
- Reviewing nearby surveillance tapes in an effort to identify the vehicle;
- Working with the Merced Police Department and other law enforcement officials involved to solicit tips from the general public;
- Visiting local mechanics, where the driver may have taken their car for repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request a Free Consultation Today
When pedestrian accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced pedestrian accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.