Merced Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Merced Wrongful Death Attorneys
The passing of a loved one is always difficult to bear. It is even more heartbreaking when it occurs due to an accident that could have been prevented. When the reckless and negligence actions of others are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive legal representation needed to hold them accountable.
As experienced Merced wrongful death attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted legal guidance you need. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of surviving family members in wrongful death claims. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Get The Compassionate Support You Deserve From Our Merced Wrongful Death Attorneys
Accidental injuries can end up proving severe and in too many cases, fatal. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), they are the third leading cause of death in the U.S. and claim the lives of close to 200,000 people each year.
If you have had a loved one pass as the result of accidental injuries, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our Merced wrongful death attorneys provide the compassionate, caring support you deserve during this difficult time and can take the legal actions needed to hold those at fault accountable. Wrongful death cases we represent include:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Airplane accidents;
- Accidents involving buses or Uber/Lyft drivers;
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products;
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents in which victims are struck by or against objects on another’s property or in any public place.
What Constitutes A Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death occurs when a victim dies as a result of what is generally referred to as an ‘accident’. While it may not have been intentional, cases involving wrongful death can often be attributed to negligence on the part of others involved. Negligence can involve acting in a reckless and dangerous manner or failing to take action to prevent personal injuries and to protect others from potential dangers. Among the most common causes in cases our Merced wrongful death attorneys handle include:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights or other traffic violations, tailgating and other forms of aggressive driving, and driving distracted or under the influence.
- Reckless policies on the part of trucking or public transit companies, such as over scheduling, not properly vetting drivers, and not penalizing them for violations.
- Negligent property owners and managers, who often fail to properly maintain the premises, take appropriate safety precautions, or warn visitors of potential dangers that exist.
- Negligent product manufacturers, for producing dangerous products, for failing to pull defective items from the market, and for not providing warning labels or taking other steps to prevent misuse.
Why Should I File A Wrongful Death Claim?
No amount of money can bring back your loved one or ease the pain of their loss. However, by holding the at-fault party accountable, a wrongful death claim can provide a sense of justice. It can also help reimburse you for financial losses you suffer while ensuring that you are provided for in a way your loved one would have wanted.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help guide you through the process. Our Merced wrongful death attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation into your loved ones death to determine exactly how it happened and who is responsible. Those who may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim under the California Civil Code include:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the victim;
- Their children, step-children, and grandchildren;
- Their parents or legal guardians;
- Personal representatives of their estate;
- Other blood relatives or anyone else who would otherwise be listed as a beneficiary.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Claim Worth?
The amount of compensation you may receive through a wrongful death claim will depend on the specific circumstances involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to by law. Common types of compensation awarded in cases our Merced wrongful death attorneys handle include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as funeral expenses, outstanding medical debts, lost wages, and future losses in income you suffer due to your loved one’s death.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment in life you and other family members experience.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount that may be awarded by the judge in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, we can help you get justice for your loved one and the compensation you need as you recover from their death. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced wrongful death attorneys online to request a free consultation today.