Merced Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Merced Train Accident Attorneys
Train accidents can result in severe and potentially life-threatening injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive legal representation you need.
Our Merced train accident attorneys have decades worth of experience helping victims and their families get the compensation they are entitled to. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To discuss how we can help in your case, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Merced Train Accident Attorneys Represent
Merced has a rich history as a railroad town. Passenger service is currently provided through Amtrak and the San Joaquin Joint Powers Authority while the California High-Speed Rail Authority has future plans to expand in our area. In addition to passenger trains, freight trains provide jobs for local workers while carrying products and materials throughout the country.
Considering the large volume of trains running through our area, train accidents in Merced occur on a regular basis. Unfortunately, these often result in serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to protecting the rights of train accident victims and their families, helping them get the compensation they deserve. As experienced Merced train accident attorneys, cases we represent include:
- Train crashes, which can involve collisions with other trains or cases where trains jump the tracks;
- Onboard accidents, which can involve slips and falls that occur during the boarding process or getting struck by objects during your trip;
- Train accidents involving motorists, which often occur at train crossings;
- Train accidents involving pedestrians, which can happen near train stations and on train tracks;
- Train accidents involving rail workers, which can happen onboard or while providing routine rail maintenance.
How Do Train Accidents Happen?
Train accidents in Merced are so common that the city has formed a partnership with a leading non-profit dedicated to promoting rail safety. According to Operation Lifesaver, California has one of the highest rates for train accidents in the country. With the number of passenger and transport trains running through our area, residents of Merced are at an increased risk.
When train accidents do happen, it is often the train company or their employees who are to blame. Among the most common causes in cases our Merced train accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the conductor or engineer, such as speeding or being under the influence;
- Mistakes on the part of train support staff, such as signalers and switchmen;
- Lack of care on the part of passenger car workers, such as failing to properly secure items or to help passengers during the boarding process;
- Lack of proper train or track maintenance, which makes train accidents more likely to happen;
- Negligence on the part of the train company, such as failing to properly vet workers, over-scheduling trips, or other safety violations.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold train companies and their employees liable for damages you suffer. Our legal team can guide you in filing a claim against the train company’s insurer, aggressively negotiating with representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. In cases where injuries are severe, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them.
How Much Is My Train Accident Case Worth?
The exact amount you are entitled to in a train accident claim will depend on the situation and the extent of your injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is always to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to by law. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages: These cover the actual costs associated with your train accident. This includes your current medical costs and lost wages, as well as any expenses you are likely to incur in the future.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you and your family experience as a result of your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order to punish the train company or its employees for particularly willful and negligent conduct.
Sadly, train accident injuries can end up providing fatal, In these cases, our Merced train accident attorneys can help surviving family members get a sense of justice while ensuring they are provided for in a way their loved one would have wanted. It is important to note that Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent train accident victims and their families on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Train companies have teams of attorneys on their side to defend them against train accident claims. Get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers fighting on yours. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.