Merced Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Merced Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
In Merced, taking an Uber or Lyft is both cost-effective and convenient Unfortunately, it also carries certain risks. Uber and Lyft accidents in Merced happen on a regular basis and can result in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we provide the aggressive legal representation you need in filing a claim.
Our experienced Merced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are dedicated to helping you get the maximum amount you need to recover. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Merced Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
College students often depend on ridesharing services in Merced to get around town during the school year. For full-time residents, taking an Uber or Lyft can help save money in terms of gas, parking, and vehicle maintenance fees while protecting you against the dangers and potential penalties associated with a DUI. Despite these advantages, it is important for riders to be aware of the risks.
Uber and Lyft accidents can happen in a variety of situations, resulting in serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of cases our Merced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys handle include:
- Crashes involving Uber or Lyft drivers and other motorists;
- Collisions in which an Uber or Lyft driver strikes a fixed object;
- Mishaps that occur during your trip, such as being throw from your seat;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents involving Uber and Lyft;
- Any type of accident in which injuries occur due to the actions of an Uber or Lyft driver.
What Are Common Causes Of Uber and Lyft Accidents In Merced?
When ride-sharing was first introduced more than a decade ago, it promised to help ease traffic congestion and reduce drunk driving-related accidents. While traffic fatalities did decrease at first, they have steadily risen again in recent years. According to an MIT Technology Review report, companies such as Uber and Lyft share part of the blame.
With greater numbers of people now relying on ride-sharing services, providers have to scramble to keep up with the demand. Unfortunately, customer safety can get comprised as a result. When you suffer injuries as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold those at fault accountable. Common causes in cases our Merced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys represent include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the Uber or Lyft driver, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or while impaired;
- Reckless driving behaviors on the part of other motorists involved;
- Vehicle maintenance issues, which makes Uber and Lyft accidents more likely to happen;
- Negligent ride-sharing company policies, such as failure to properly vet drivers, monitor their schedules, or penalize them when safety violations occur.
What Happens In An Uber or Lyft Accident?
Notify law enforcement immediately if a ride-sharing accident happens. Get the names and contact information for all drivers and ride-sharing companies involved. Seek medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible and reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to protect your rights in filing a claim.
You will likely be contacted by the ride-sharing company. Under the California Civil Court Jury Instructions, they can be held liable for the driver’s actions. Before making any statements, speak with our Merced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys first. We can guide you in the best options available.
What Are My Options In Filing An Uber or Lyft Accident Claim?
In Uber and Lyft accidents, you may be able to file an insurance claim against the driver and the company involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can aggressively negotiate on your behalf, helping to ensure the best possible settlement.
If your injuries are severe or the ride-sharing company refuses to pay, our Merced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them. Under the California Civil Code, damages you may be entitled to include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as current medical bills and lost wages, as well as future costs and losses in income you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, including pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to lingering disabilities;
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order if it is determined the ride-sharing company acted in a particular willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When ridesharing accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today.