Merced Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Merced Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slips and falls are one of the most common types of accidents. Injuries you suffer as a result can impact you for years into the future. In the majority of cases, it the reckless actions of the property owner which are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold them accountable.
As experienced Merced slip and fall attorneys, our goal is to ensure you get the compensation you need to recover. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Merced Slip and Fall Attorneys Protect Your Rights In Filing A Claim
As one of the most common causes of personal injuries, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that slips and falls send millions of people to hospital emergency rooms each year. While they are particularly dangerous for older adults, slips and falls can have serious health impacts for people of all ages.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of slip and fall victims, helping them get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Merced slip and fall accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Back and neck injuries, such as fractured vertebrae and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in permanent paralysis.
Who Is To Blame When Slip and Fall Accidents Happen?
Slips and falls can happen at grocery markets, retail stores, and restaurants, as well as at office buildings, hotels, medical facilities, or other public places. While generally referred to as ‘accidents’, the fact is that they are often the result of negligence on the part of property owners. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), common causes include:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Torn carpeting or chipped flooring tiles;
- Lack of non-skid mats at building entrances;
- Uneven sidewalks and lack of proper landscaping;
- Poor lighting;
- Cluttered aisles;
- Lack of handrails on stairs and lack of guardrails at heights.
When you suffer injuries as a result of a slip and fall, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the aggressive legal representation you need to hold at-fault property owners accountable. Why should you pay out of pocket for something that was not your fault? Our experienced Merced slip and fall attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve either through an insurance claim or a premises liability lawsuit.
How Do I File A Slip and Fall Claim?
Property owners are required to properly maintain the premises and to warn visitors of any potential dangers that exist. When they fail to do so, they can be held legally liable.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in filing an insurance claim against the property owner, aggressively negotiating with insurance representatives on your behalf. If insurance is unavailable or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we can assist you in filing a lawsuit through the Merced County Civil Court.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
The exact amount you are entitled to in a slip and fall claim will depend on the circumstances and the severity of your injuries. As experien
ced Merced slip and fall attorneys, our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to by law. Common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs you incur as a result of a slip and fall. This includes your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as potential future treatment costs and lost income due to lingering disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible costs associated with your slip and fall, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries.
- Punitive damages: If the property owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner, the judge may order them to pay this additional amount as a form of punishment.
Concerned over how much a Merced slip and fall attorney will cost? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally handle these types of cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees until we get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Consultation Today
Injuries you suffer in a slip and fall accident can impact you for years into the future. To ensure you get the compensation you need to recover, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced slip and falls attorneys online to request a free consultation today.