Merced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Merced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents are a common occurrence in Merced. Injuries you suffer as a result can be severe and potentially life-threatening. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we act as a strong legal advocate on your side in this situation, helping you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. With decades of combined experience helping people in our community, our Merced motorcycle accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Legal Guidance You Can Count On From Our Merced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle riding is popular in Merced. In addition to the ROMPs, a local, family-friendly motorcycle group that hosts dinner rides, poker runs, and other activities, our rural roads and reputation as the ‘Gateway to Yosemite’ draw motorcyclists to Merced from miles away. Unfortunately, the large number of motorcyclists found on local roads combined with other traffic in the area makes for an increased risk of motorcycle accidents in Merced. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides legal guidance you can count on in these cases. Common types of injuries suffered by clients our Merced motorcycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as strained or torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Road rash and burn injuries;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to limbs and body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, fractured vertebrae, and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, such as concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
How Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
For a relatively small town, Merced has a high rate of motorcycle accidents. According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), we are ranked fourth most dangerous city in terms of motorcycle crashes, compared to similarly-sized cities in California. Dozens of motorcyclists in Merced end up being involved in crashes each year. In the majority of cases, it is the reckless actions of others that are ultimately to blame. When another driver’s actions leave you suffering serious personal injuries, our Merced motorcycle accident attorneys help you hold them accountable. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers handles include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating improper passing, and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which poses the same types of risks as driving under the influence.
How Do I File A Motorcycle Accident Claim?
When a motorcycle accident occurs due to the reckless actions of motorists or other bikers on the road, you have the right to seek compensation in a claim. The California Department of Insurance advises that both motorists and motorcyclists are required to maintain a mandatory minimum amount of coverage to offset costs incurred as a result of crashes and collisions. While you do have the option of filing claim against the at-fault driver’s policy, getting insurance companies to pay often proves challenging. Insurers are notorious for either denying or downplaying claims. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can aggressively negotiate with these companies on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If the other driver is uninsured or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Merced motorcycle accident attorneys can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit against them.
How Much Is A Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Worth?
The amount of money you are entitled to in a motorcycle accident lawsuit will depend on the specific circumstances involved in your case and the extent of injuries you suffer. Common types of compensation available in these cases under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: This covers current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future treatment costs and losses in earnings you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: This compensates you for your pain, suffering, and any scarring, disfigurement, or loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order to punish the at-fault driver for acting in a particularly reckless and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Free Consultation Today
You have only one chance to get compensation for injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. We represent motorcycle accident victims on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Merced motorcycle attorneys online and request a consultation today.